Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 542

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

  1. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    >sense woke
    You scan your surroundings, considering the various institutions of oppression and racism found here (and noting those which are absent). The indications of systemic racism and a large amounts of homophobia are clearly evident to your seasoned eye. You quickly note the signs of a racist dark elf, a gnome with a giantwoman fetish, and a potential LGBTQ+ ally having recently been in the area. There are several active LNet connections and known PC posters nearby. You also see the wooden gates and a long wooden gangplank.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    Lol, love it
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    307

    Default

    [Town Square Central]
    This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end of the space, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.
    Also here: Lots of players that are not playing Dark Elves or Half Krolvins

    >sense woke
    You scan your surroundings, taking note of all the living creatures in this room with your seasoned eye. You quickly note that everyone here is a whiny, racist bitch and they're eye fucking your dark elf. You can feel the tension build and almost hear every slur, angry, racist comment litter your ears before anyone has actually spoken a word. Congratulations, you've just walked into a SJW hive, you're fucked no matter what you do because we know no person of black color plays a MUD game anymore so there's no way the person behind your Dark Elf is black....you're just a white privileged bitch that's about to get his ass ripped wide open only because you wanted to play a game! You know what you must do.....kill them, kill them all!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

    >prep 525
    You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Meteor Swarm...

    >cast
    You gesture.
    You throw your arms skyward!

  3. #263

    Default

    Kveta 06/28/2020
    Nehor, if it makes you feel better, we had at least five people who have suffered real life injustices and are actual victims of racial discrimination discuss our ideas in depth.
    Two of whom are actually diversity researchers or consultants.
    With the aid of an actual sociologist.
    Who wants to bet one of those people who are "diversity researches or consultants" was time4fun?

  4. Default

    The one funny thing that came out of this day is that Naos' posts got pulled. His opinion did get censored after all. Awfully naive of him to think he can behave the way he did in a professional capacity.

  5. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Who wants to bet one of those people who are "diversity researches or consultants" was time4fun?
    I demand a sombrero headdress. With tacos instead of feathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Would you sit by a Chinese on a flight?

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Who wants to bet one of those people who are "diversity researches or consultants" was time4fun?
    You connected dots in my mind that I didn't need connected.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The one funny thing that came out of this day is that Naos' posts got pulled. His opinion did get censored after all. Awfully naive of him to think he can behave the way he did in a professional capacity.

    Wyrom:

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    12,364
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Who wants to bet one of those people who are "diversity researches or consultants" was time4fun?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  9. #269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Apparently, if you disagree with Naos, you are now a racist. And he speaks on behalf of Simu that your money's no good with them:





    Never knew that Stillfront sold Simu overnight to overlord Naos.
    Well there it is in black and white. I fully expected this from some random player, but an actual GM saying if you don't agree with their decisions then not only should you no longer do business with them but that your money isn't good there anyways.

    Jesus Fucking Christ what a shit show.

    It's shit like this why I don't believe for one second that people will be allowed to roleplay a racist going forward. If it's not painfully obvious that the GMs and a certain segment of the player base are going to make it uncomfortable for people to want to play a racist which would probably scare most people from doing it anyways, eventually they are going to just outran ban it.

    I even asked THREE TIMES if ANY GM could commit to never forcing people to change their character's roleplaying, history, or background in regards to these changes and NOT A SINGLE GM could commit to this. The closest was Kveta who said shit like "We have no plans to do this...." yeah no plans NOW, that could change next week.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well there it is in black and white. I fully expected this from some random player, but an actual GM saying if you don't agree with their decisions then not only should you no longer do business with them but that your money isn't good there anyways.

    Jesus Fucking Christ what a shit show.

    It's shit like this why I don't believe for one second that people will be allowed to roleplay a racist going forward. If it's not painfully obvious that the GMs and a certain segment of the player base are going to make it uncomfortable for people to want to play a racist which would probably scare most people from doing it anyways, eventually they are going to just outran ban it.

    I even asked THREE TIMES if ANY GM could commit to never forcing people to change their character's roleplaying, history, or background in regards to these changes and NOT A SINGLE GM could commit to this. The closest was Kveta who said shit like "We have no plans to do this...." yeah no plans NOW, that could change next week.
    It's not the first time a GM - be it Wyrom or Naos - has basically told a customer that had a complaint on the official forms that if they don't like it, leave.

    It won't be the last either.
    Last edited by drumpel; 06-30-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •