Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    This guy is a moron (FudgeHJ). Just thought I'd share as this is how ridiculous this is becoming.

Nobody forces people to be on third party apps. Ignore options are available. Everyone is in complete control of what they want to hear.
    That dude's always been a big vaginahead. Just ignore him. He's one of those tards that sits on Discord all day doing nothing but pitching terrible ideas and whining about everything else.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Remember, I'm a tiny dick pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Here are some changes a player has requested:

Make Ta'Illistim more accepting of other races and/or give something more than "You can't do that" when trying to enter an inn.
    Remove racial trading bonuses and deficits and tie it to citizenship instead
    Allow all races access into buildings previously denied to them within the EN. No racial restrictions on entrance.
    Lessen the “pure” elf only raffles, open to all elf types at a minimum. (The term pure elf implies all others are impure, which is derogatory.)
    More inclusive storylines that drive the cities to become a better melting pot and emphasizes the pacts struck west, the embassy approval.
    Reduction or outright removal of racial trading penalties within the EN.
    Review NPC conduct messaging to remove derogatory language towards half elves, dark elves and others.
    Remove racial restrictions from MHOs.
    Give greater acceptance half-elven characters on both ends of the continent.

This is that can of worms people were talking about.

I guess terms like "pure" and "half-whatever-race-here" are also problematic. Now that Simu has shown they are open to being more "progressive" you can bet people are going to push for changes for all of their perceived microaggressions and shit like this will never stop.

I never thought in my life people would complain that Elanthia wasn't "inclusive" enough.
    As a Half-Elf, if racism vs. Half-Elves is eliminated, my immersion will be ruined and GS will no longer be an escape, and GM Thandiwe said their job isn't done until GS is an escape for "everyone."

While we're at it, I played GS to escape from being a normal human that couldn't cast an Immolate spell that wrecked things very quickly. Since Simu nerfed that, GS is again no longer an escape for me, and since Thandiwe said the end goal is for GS to be an escape for everyone, it's imperative that they un-nerf Immolate immediately.

Lessen the “pure” elf only raffles, open to all elf types at a minimum. (The term pure elf implies all others are impure, which is derogatory.)
    According to their own logic, this is still racist.

This shit is so retarded. There are probably like 17 people outside of GS who know GS even exists, and on top of that, Simu doesn't understand the difference between race and species, i.e. Half-Krolvin.

Am I racist for assuming that my dogs didn't understand everything I've said to them over the years?

According to Simutronics virtue signal logic, yes.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn15 View Post
    Basically this.

I really liked Nehor's critical response on the officials because - while it's not an argument that I personally would put time or energy into - it was thoughtful, in good faith, and dispassionate. I would encourage everyone to read it.

At the end of the day though, as much as I think that Nehor made some great points, I just can't bring myself to feel much of anything about GMs changing lore documents and avoiding things like slavery in storylines going forward. Life's too short to stand on principal against that stuff.
    I don't care what they do moving forward. I barely give a shit what they're doing to the existing lore because I haven't really given a shit about game lore since like 1999.

It's just laughable that they think they're "helping" by rewriting their own history while a bunch of SJW GMs who don't understand the difference between "race" and "species" pat themselves on the back for their extensive virtue signaling.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You fucking heightist... you know that "midgets" is derogatory. They like to be called "Little people"
    I assume that "non-short" races will be able to enter Cavernhold going forward, as only allowing short races like dwarves and halflings to fit in there is definitely racist.

#TallLivessMatter

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Based on what the two main GMs who seem to be in charge of this whole thing have wrote, it feels like they take this issue on a very personal and political level, and will do a lot more than just changing a few words and basic mechanics around. I think there's a chance they'll go further than that, to the game's detriment.
    SJWs never stop or are satisfied with anything. Most are miserable self loathing people, and this will snowball way out of control sooner or later if they're not kept in check.

Because SJWs are ignorance based (i.e. species vs. race) cancer.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Just create 30 F2P accounts and have them all ACT attacking the statue and pulling it down. The GMs will be forced to remove it from the game.
    Someone let me know when this happens. I want in.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Kai is ableist.
    Kai is toxic masculinity.

KAI EVEN RHYMES WITH GUY OMG OMG OMG OMG WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU PEOPLE NEED?!?!?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Apparently The Simpsons will no longer use "white" people to do voices for characters "of color".

I say the same thing should apply to GMs that do story lines - no GM is allowed to control a NPC that is not of the same race and color they are.
    Well...that eliminates the "Human" option for a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Too late.

I am become racism.
    Why are there no Mexicans in GS anyway? Mexicans are human, and GS has humans.

I will not stand for this exclusionary racist tactic Simu continues to employ.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Auchand and Kveta have said (paraphrased from their holier than thou posts) if you aren't with them you need to reconsider your life choices/position.

What a bunch of cunts.
    They can both go eat their own soy dripping assholes.

Speaking of assholes, Auchand is the one who created my VLA goatse anus backpack in Shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hleef View Post
    If Simu is really concerned put an option to donate an extra dollar a month with your sub so Simu can donate to whatever cause they want.
    lol @ Simu spending money on literally anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Multiple people with various actual minority backgrounds have spoke up and said they're fine with the game lore/systems as it is. The GMs didn't even bother responding to the later posts as the thread went on. It's like they're just set on their idea of how things should be, and anything that contradicts that get ignored in a "lalalalalala" manner.

Just this.
    Those are the exact people that are being satirized with things like:

And they're stuck so far up their own ass that they'll never have the self-awareness to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    They called those opposing the changes the loud minority but didn't actually have a vote to see what the real numbers are.
    "Just trust us guys, we know the numbers! There's no reason to not trust us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Why are there no Mexicans in GS anyway? Mexicans are human, and GS has humans.

I will not stand for this exclusionary racist tactic Simu continues to employ.
    I'm Mexican - does that count?

I'm probably the whitest Mexican you'll ever meet. 1/4 Mexican and a hodgepodge of a lot of other things.

Blog Entries

My wife is like a quarter Mexican.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    For all your bellyaching, how much you want to bet that after it's all said and done, most of y'all won't give two shits about the changes they make. Bunch of Karen's.
    I already don't give a shit. I just think this extreme virtue signaling coming from people who don't understand the difference between "race" and "species" is hilarious, in that SJWs-are-so-stupid-they're-unintentionally-hilarious way.

10. Default

You morons ever think that this is yet another vector by Simu to again siphon more money from you fucktards?