Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I would be shocked if they don't allow people to customize their gender somehow.
    TBH representation and customization is something they should have been pushing for in that initial post, but it's far easier to grandstand about RL oppression while editing a few text documents.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I'm going to go with the theory that many of the 50 unique player characters with >=10 accounts weigh GSIV life greater than IRL and have used the tumultuous issues in the world to capitalize on their in game insecurities. If you can't face the fact that Elanthia is a made up fantasy world in a role-playing game, you probably shouldn't be playing in the first place.

Let me add. If they start making GS like reality there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to play it. Like many of us, I've been playing games a long while and that separation between real life and the game world IS WHY GAMES EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Last edited by Erous; 07-03-2020 at 12:52 PM.

To support our goal of inclusion, we are removing references to crusaders in game mechanics:

- The new spell name for Paladin Spell 1618 is Righteousness.

- The Rift creature "a fallen crusader" has been renamed "a fallen avenger."

- The Cleric/Paladin titles of Holy/Dark Crusader have been changed to Stalwart/Grim Sentinel.

GameMaster Oscuro
    It's gone from "lore review" to straight up revisionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    WTF. That's DEITY SPECIFIC not RACE SPECIFIC. What in the fucking holy hell fuck.

In case it disappears...

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    In case it disappears...

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going anywhere. We can only expect more/worse.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going anywhere. We can only expect more/worse.
    I agree. This is an idealistic/political/religious stance that is coming from their management structure that's been inserted into the game world. Nothing like having real life politics and religion forced upon you in a game world you entered to get away from that sort of thing.

Thank goodness calling someone, or giving them the title of "complete fucking moron", isn't racist or whatever other ism you want to apply to it. Just good old descriptive terminology.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Oof. This change is certainly not in the realm of removing rape fantasies from half-krolvin docs. Not a good first step, IMO.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523