Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

1. Default

seems like cultural appropriation and probably should be scrubbed from the game...
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Just get this stupid change over with - because a couple of GMs can't live because a game is "too racist" we all know it will come down to this:

[Solhaven, North Market East]
    A redacted awning stretches across the front of the large stone building here. Hanging above the entrance is a metal breastplate, rusted from exposure to the salty sea air. Two giantfolk, deeply engrossed in conversation, lean casually against the building. You also see a street urchin, a peglegged cat and a green and white oak barrel.
    Also here: Player

>look at Player

You see Player.
    It appears to be a nondescript player character with no discernible gender.
    It is tall. It appears to be decrepit with age.
    It has gold-flecked crystal green eyes and redacted redacted skin.
    It has chin length, silky platinum hair with a redacted streak running through it.
    It has sharply-curved pointed ears.

>ponder
    You ponder.

>speak elven
    We do not discriminate against people of different races, colors, society, religion or languages....
    You really want to speak elven language? If you wish to continue to speak elven, please type SPEAK ELVEN again within the next 30 seconds... If you do decide to speak elven, you will be banned from any further use of this game because speaking in a non-native COMMON tongue could hurt someone's feelings, which is something we do not condone.

>say ::Player how are you today?
    You did not get Player's permission to interact with them. Any further attempts to interact without Player's permission will result in a 24 hour ban. Interacting with other individuals that play this game is something we do not take lightly. You first need to use the PERMISSION verb with other players before attempting to interact with them. Any further interaction with Player within the next 72 hours without use of the PERMISSION verb will result in a 24 hour ban.

>mutter stupidassgame
    We've taken notice that you choose to use unkind words while not alone in a private room, any further actions from this character or any other characters on your account(s) in the next 7 days will result in a permanent ban. All accounts will be locked and will no longer be accessible. If you do not log out within the next 60 seconds, you forfeit your accounts and all content contained within said accounts. If you attempt to log back in before your 7 days are up, you will be given 1 warning that if you log before 7 days all account(s) are forfeit. Any other login attempts after the warning, before your 7 days are up, you are hereby acknowledging your right to retain your account(s) and all content within, this account(s) and all content within will now be the sole property of Simutronics.
    Last edited by drumpel; 07-06-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If this is an attempt to get me to send you dick pics I'm afraid it's not working.

Anyway here's a meme

This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just looked up Shanty Town on the wiki and it says they are under the protection of the "Brotherhood of Rooks", which I had never heard of before. Reading up on them now though it appears the Brotherhood of Rooks is ALSO problematic:

They wear hoods, they intimidate shop keepers and threaten their livelihoods, they are involved with many criminals elements, and they have connections to many people in power.

I think we all know what real world group this group was modeled after.
    Not to mention the dude that played Merle Dixon, who was openly racist on Walking Dead, his real name is Michael Rooker, so clearly this is all connected and must be abolished immediately so we can end racism once and for all.

EDIT: OMG WE HAVE TO BAN CHESS NOW TOO!!!!!!
    Last edited by Methais; 07-06-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Not to mention the dude that played Merle Dixon, who was openly racist on Walking Dead, his real name is Michael Rooker, so clearly this is all connected and must be abolished immediately so we can end racism once and for all.

EDIT: OMG WE HAVE TO BAN CHESS NOW TOO!!!!!!
    Say nothing of the fact that Michael Rooker also played Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy, who famously made reference to Mary Poppins... which is a Disney movie. We need to ban all Disney movies.

Which, I guess is now all movies. Shit fuck.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

#cancelhamilton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    Say nothing of the fact that Michael Rooker also played Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy, who famously made reference to Mary Poppins... which is a Disney movie. We need to ban all Disney movies.

Oh, christ. Don't bring up Walt Disney.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Oh, christ. Don't bring up Walt Disney.
    Hah, I didn't even think about that.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    seems like cultural appropriation and probably should be scrubbed from the game...
    As an Italian, I've decided that I am now highly offended, and feel that GS is no longer inclusive for me and my people.

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post

I think I heard something in 2019 about how Mary Poppins was racist too, so now they all must go!

EDIT: Oh yeah, it was blackface

Last edited by Methais; 07-06-2020 at 04:00 PM.