Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Apparently The Simpsons will no longer use "white" people to do voices for characters "of color".

I say the same thing should apply to GMs that do story lines - no GM is allowed to control a NPC that is not of the same race and color they are.
    I hope the GMs don't find out I play 2 Dark Elf characters. I don't want anyone to accuse me of digital black face.

This reply isn't meant to be a troll. I feel it's very valid. The behavior of some of the GM's is most likely certain ones trying to impress players that they like. It's not hard by reading the forums who the small group is that pushed for this. Auchand is probably going to start smiting anyone that challenges the royal white mount he's riding on now. He must really be enjoying the cyborz with whomever is complaining about this to him.

This garbage should be transferred to Plat, along with the few that want to dictate the game despite the majority not wanting this.

**side note - Is a black man playing a white human character ok? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hleef View Post
    **side note - Is a black man playing a white human character ok? Asking for a friend.
    No. Racist.

You better pray you work in the medical field if you play an empath. You better be a priest or some other religious figure if you play a cleric. And so help me if you don't hunt in real life if you play a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No. Racist.

You better pray you work in the medical field if you play an empath. You better be a priest or some other religious figure if you play a cleric. And so help me if you don't hunt in real life if you play a Ranger.
    Busted. I'm a Ranger, and I have hunted once.

All the smug side-of-the-mouth comments by players who have nothing to contribute to the conversation but want to jump in and insinuate that if you disagree with this change you are either ignorant and/or a racist are really something else.
    Last edited by Avaia; 06-29-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hleef View Post
    Busted. I'm a Ranger, and I have hunted once.
    I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    All the smug side-of-the-mouth comments by players who have nothing to contribute to the conversation but want to jump in and insinuate that if you disagree with this change you are either ignorant and/or a racist are really something else.
    At least one GM has heavily implied this too, not so strangely enough it's the GM complaining about all of the "bad faith" arguments.

I have a sneering Elf mask in my locker somewhere. You better believe I'm coming around with it when we de-racist the EN.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I have a sneering Elf mask in my locker somewhere. You better believe I'm coming around with it when we de-racist the EN.
    Don't be putting on Elf face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Don't be putting on Elf face.
    Too late.

I am become racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I have deep fried elf fingers on my one character. You can say they were so ashamed they were an elf that they sacrificed their dismissive fingers to prove they did not nor ever will look down on dark elves.
    Semper superne nitens.