Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offensive Bonus Quiver - Show Simu how awesome ranged changes were!

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Not going on the public market isn't the same thing as not being sold. Dupe quivers have sold a few times over the last couple of years, behind the scenes, and new ones have been released at DR auctions at least twice and gone to buyers in behind-the-scenes deals. The dupe quivers were worth around $4k.
    I'm aware.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    This item was never worth that much, and anyone propping up a non-duping quiver in value to 2500 dollars has no one to be mad at but thesmelves. lol.
    What about elemental bows?

An item is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay, no more, no less. Saying it wasn't worth $2500 just means no one was willing to pay that amount in the current climate. Just like everything else, market trends will and do impact prices. It's fair to say that the archery changes have devalued many of the self-ammo items since ammo management, one of the positive components of such an item, is no longer an issue. It's a shame that anyone would loose that much due to item devaluation, but with the current extreme focus on development and system improvement I expect this is not the last we will see of devaluation. Permabless items and the proposed Sanctify changes immediately comes to mind.
    Last edited by Elgrim; 06-29-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: The typo struggle is real

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

I think item devaluation is an issue that's not going to go away. With permabless, hurling, and other changes on the docket, I think you can expect similar item devaluations. The most recent permabless proposal equated HCW and sanctification with abilities of permabless and GUB. My current theory is that any player-player transactions actually represent lost value to Simutronics, and I think GMs will continue to reduce the significance of the secondary market (in a variety of ways).

I am not angry at this or any of the ranged changes actually - this is just what happened and how I will approach merchanting in the future. Notably, staff attempted to ensure item valuations would stay the same post-changes by adding additional AS above the +50 cap. Others and myself raised the concern that it would not be enough to compensate for the changes.
    Last edited by Amerek; 06-29-2020 at 12:48 PM.