Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Woods Nonsense

1. Default Rumor Woods Nonsense

;salty-rant

So, I purchased a mount, and also the upgraded travel town and travel hunting features for 50k each. Right after I purchased the ability they changed the pricing for travel hunting to 25k. They then put out that you should assist if you're experiencing any bugs with your mount, and to obtain your refund of 25k raikhen.

While testing my mount, I realized when I tried to travel hunting it behaved as if I had not purchased the ability "you may purchase this ability from a stablehand in your local town". Speaking to someone else who bought the ability after the 25k change, their's worked perfectly fine. I assisted, and sat in queue from probably 8am until well after noon. Not a single GM or gamehost logged into the game during this time (on a Tuesday).

I logged in again later that night. A gamehost answered my assist, and put me in queue again to speak to a GM. A GM was online. I was number 1 in queue online with a GM online for about an hour. Never answered the queue, never spoke to me. The GM then logged off game for the night.

I am now still owed 25k raikhen because of a change they made after they opened the event, and I can't even use the ability I purchased at all because it is bugged. I spent the equivalent of nearly 1k dollars on this event overall in markers purchased through the store, or from players for silvers, and they don't seem at all concerned about correcting this issue. While still making new random changes to an event that started almost a week ago.

It's cool that you're lowering the price to make it more available, but what about the money I spent specifically to obtain those features, because that is what was required at the time? Money that I would not have spent otherwise. What about the time I spent earning that much raikhen specifically for that, to then just be refunded 25k raikhen which I have no need for? To top it all off, the ability doesn't even actually work, and I can't get a GM to bother taking the time to fix it.

I've been playing off and on since the 90's, but never actually participated in an event before. Is this pretty much the standard of how these events are run? I'm pretty impressed by the overall dismissive nature of the staff towards actually correcting issues they themselves created by going in and making these off the cuff changes.

"Hey, we decided to make some changes to cost to try and attract more people to spend money and get a mount. Just assist, because now your ability is broken, and we owe you 25k raikhen. We'll get to you when we feel like it. Meanwhile the days the event will be open are counting down, and you're running out of time to spend the raikhen you never wanted in the first place. Good luck finding a GM online that will actually bother speaking to you. Cheers."

;k salty-rant
    The divine is hidden from the people according to the wisdom of the Lord.

So the change was making the ability better, and cheaper and....?

You'll get the refund and fix. The referral numbers mean nothing (the ones who logged in likely did not have the expertise to fix it). I can think of 3 GMs that can fix it and they likely needed to get home from their jobs to fix the bug. It's been a day.

I don't understand the raikhen thing. If you bought it at 50K (and with less function) and were happy, why does 25K refund matter? Money you wouldn't have spent sure, but you did at 50K so if truly nothing to spend it on, you can recoup (or more) by selling the extra 25k losing nothing, and gaining the three new landing areas. Once your situation/bug is fixed of course.

3. Default

The irritation comes from me not being able to use the ability. I spent half a day sitting in queue in game waiting around for a GM to correct the issue, and it never got addressed. It should go without saying, that is frustrating.

I shouldn't have to spend half my day sitting around in queue just waiting for whatever random time a GM might pop on that can fix a broken ability, and hope they do. It still isn't fixed. I'll just change my entire life schedule so I can try and be on when a GM MIGHT be around that can fix it before the event ends, and sit in queue for hours on end hoping for the best. What is there to be upset about? hmmm

"why does 25k refund matter?"

Because they can't refund me the time I spent earning raikhen I never needed. Or the time I will spend hoping I can sell that 25k raikhen in the last few days of the event, given that I can even GET the refund before that time, just to get something back for it.

The new ability is great. They lowered the price to make it accessible for other people. Good for them. I'll be sitting in assist queue unable to use mine until I find the random time that a GM comes on that can address the issue (when there are 15+ other people in GM queue ahead of me now. It will probably be higher tomorrow).

Meanwhile, the people who bought at 25k will be zipping around hunting grounds loving life. It will teach me to pay a premium price for anything in the future.

I get the frustration for the time spent in queue, check inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosimos Alchemista View Post
    I spent half a day sitting in queue in game waiting around for a GM to correct the issue
    Half of a day... in the morning.

As Roblar said, there's probably less than a handful of GM's who can work on that particular system. GM's are voluntary. They (probably) have day jobs. They (probably) have a life outside of the game. There's also still RW running, and so they may need to be keeping an eye on that.

Give it time. I understand you're a paying customer and you feel you have the right to have your thing right now, perfectly fixed, running perfectly. Welcome to the real world, were that just doesn't happen some times. Again, give it time; you'll get the refund, eventually. Your mount will work, eventually.

Also, if you haven't already, go post this on the Officials and Discord. It seems like the GMs might pay more attention to this there, compared to here.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Amateur... I've spent two weeks idling in a room 8 hours a day waiting for a referral to be answered. Finally was answered while I was out eating pizza and I had to respond while typing on a cell-phone keyboard while remote desktop'd into my home machine. (No, I'm not joking.)

You may need to visit your primary care doctor for anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Traelin View Post
    You may need to visit your primary care doctor for anxiety.
    May want to call first, COVID-19 is totally a thing.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

The best avenue is to complain on the Discord channel.

I don't care what people say...Simu needs to up its customer service.

10. Default

I understand you're a paying customer and you feel you have the right to have your thing right now, perfectly fixed, running perfectly.
    I understand you think the thing you paid for should work lmao.

Again, give it time; you'll get the refund, eventually. Your mount will work, eventually.
    Yeah, I'll get my refund of currency that only works for this event after the event closes? That totally makes sense! Why would I even complain? There is a small army of sycophants that suckle at the tit of the GMs all over these forums, and they defend simu staff beyond any sensibility. We all know these people, and we all know why they do it, but at some point you have to give in to reason. This kind of thing happening is just beyond amateur hour, and it is completely reasonable to call these kinds of things out when they happen. Stop pretending like it isn't.
    Last edited by Zosimos Alchemista; 06-24-2020 at 07:13 PM.