Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWC Hand Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    Its definitely not, and I hope it's not a bug. I get 50% phantom ranks from my MOC as a rogue so I'm at 4 focused and 6 unfocused working my way up to 5/7.
    i think he talking about the rt being capped, so no difference from 3 focus to 4/5 focus

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    i think he talking about the rt being capped, so no difference from 3 focus to 4/5 focus
    Lol yes - that's my bad. I meant RT capped (was typing from my phone and I'm dumb)
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Has anyone else noticed that when using 2 hand crossbows for TWC it only uses 1 bolt from your ammo stack instead of two? Is this by design or a bug? Does anyone else notice this? Just wondering if it was a bug with whirlin's quiver, or all ammo stacks do that with twc and hand crossbow bolts.

Just tested this with mine, looks like firing once used two charges from my bundle:

You quickly glance through a bundle of rowan bolts and count 202 with pure white feathers remaining.

Individual projectiles from this bundle will have a long of "a rowan bolt fletched with pure white feathers"

Each individual projectile will be "a rowan bolt".

You cock and load your red hand crossbow with a rowan bolt fletched with pure white feathers.
    You fire a rowan bolt at a lithe veiled sentinel!
    AS: +564 vs DS: +322 with AvD: +9 + d100 roll: +54 = +305
    ... and hit for 35 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures upper arm!
    Strands of white energy lash onto the veiled sentinel from the red hand crossbow!
    The red hand crossbow glows slightly as it unleashes a wave of white energy!
    ** Tendrils of black and white energy lash out from your red hand crossbow hitting a lithe veiled sentinel's chest! **

... 25 points of damage!
    Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
    The bolt sticks in a lithe veiled sentinel's left arm!
    You feel as if your red hand crossbow is guiding your strike!
    You cock and load your red hand crossbow with a rowan bolt fletched with pure white feathers.
    You fire a rowan bolt at a lithe veiled sentinel!
    AS: +550 vs DS: +316 with AvD: +9 + d100 roll: +39 = +282
    ... and hit for 28 points of damage!
    Strike through the palm!
    Strands of white energy lash onto the veiled sentinel from the red hand crossbow!
    The red hand crossbow glows slightly as it unleashes a wave of white energy!
    ** Tendrils of black and white energy lash out from your red hand crossbow hitting a lithe veiled sentinel's back! **

... 10 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to back toasts skin nicely.
    The bolt breaks into tiny fragments.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

R>l row bolts
    You quickly glance through a bundle of rowan bolts and count 200 with pure white feathers remaining.

As far as RT is concerned, it uses agi/dex for the mstrike calculations, but the base RT for dual crossbows must not be that high, because I get 6 focused/7 unfocused strikes in 5 seconds (with 98+ agi/dex, don't know about below that threshold). With a heavy crossbow, my mstrike rt is 7 at the 98 agi/dex threshold and 6 at the 115 threshold.

Dual crossbows are pretty rad, but it is a little disappointing how little DS you get from them. I did some quick tests the other day and was kind of surprised:

DS in offensive stance:

Empty hands (with +40 gloves): 538
    twin xbows (+38 in right hand, +30 in offhand): 508
    0x heavy crossbow: 517
    +38 composite bow: 572
    Last edited by khorpulent; 11-12-2020 at 11:51 AM.

I have 95 agi/dex and also enjoy decimating crowds with 5 second focused/unfocused mstrikes. My self spelled DS is pretty much identical to yours at 509 with two +35 hand crossbows. The only thing I wish that was different was lowering the RT of just shooting one hand crossbow, as in one shot kills to the eye is 4 seconds, instead of the 5 you get for simply holding onto another unfired crossbow. My crossbows are 15CER so this would be like 80% of the time.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

The other sad thing about hand crossbows is that you don't get the kneeling bonus. Though I'd pobably get myself killed lying around on the ground shooting stuff.