Thread: Spells I'd like to see...post spells and mechanics youd like to see for spells

1. Default Spells I'd like to see...post spells and mechanics youd like to see for spells

Minor Elemental

WALL OF STONE: initial duration 300. stackable. self cast only. Assigns a -20 modifier to incoming open roll attacks. +1 per 25 ranks of earth lore. Immunity to call wind at 25 earth lore.

This proposed spell seems almost identical to the benefits you already get for earth lore in combination with earth lore. A 5% chance to deflect a physical attack results in avoiding some otherwise physical attacks, which is what -20 to attack roll would do.

A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around you and blocks the attack!

Training in Elemental Lore, Earth unlocks the ability for a 5% chance for a magical barrier to deflect a single physical (AS/DS) attack at 25 ranks, if the caster has all 3 Elemental Defense spells active and has the knowledge to cast all of them. Every 20 additional Earth Lore ranks adds 1% to the deflection chance. Odds are reduced by 1% for every 5 levels the attacker is above the caster.

Anyway, you should post stuff like this on the officials. Hippogrande does a lot of posts like this, and I am sure they read them all.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 06-18-2020 at 11:43 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

3. Default

The point of the spell is to block things like charge, trip, boil earth, etc

Ahh, term "open roll attacks" is one I have not seen before. You basically mean all CMLs and all SMRv2. If you post it on the officials, you should use those terms.

EDIT: you are not even in the ballpark of something they might think about considering. You are asking for -20 to all CML's and SMRv2 rolls. That is not different than +20 CML and +20 SMRv2 defense in one spell. Its my understanding that spells that do give SMRv2 defense, such as mobility, give a 3-4 points of SMRv2 defense (not 20 points!).
    Last edited by gilchristr; 06-22-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!