Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Ascension Update

1. Default

and just to caveat. The models I'm speaking too are with respect to shrinking businesses. Like, retaining clients in important if you aren't growing. Clearly GSIV isn't growing, so...
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 06-17-2020 at 11:23 PM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

I don't see how this penalizes long term players. What's the penalty? Other than getting sucked into even more years of grinding?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

What’s really crazy is this system they teased seems to be lining up for launch this year when if they teased this just a couple years everyone would have said “just like Savants”. Yeah those 3x plus folks will have more grinding to do but if those 3x folks are still here it’s more than just getting points for them at this point (I assume I don’t know for certain) and like someone else said for freshly capped folks still dying in hunting grounds to Cmans or having issues with spellburst. Do you think they are pushing �� ATP to get 1 ATP for 50k ascension exp or pushing their exp for core skills to allow them to grow? The 2-3x capped person can fully divert with little to no impact to their core
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    and just to caveat. The models I'm speaking too are with respect to shrinking businesses. Like, retaining clients in important if you aren't growing. Clearly GSIV isn't growing, so...
    If your sole focus is retaining consumers then all you’re doing is just slowing the hemorrhaging.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    If your sole focus is retaining consumers then all you’re doing is just slowing the hemorrhaging.
    Yes, that's pretty obvious.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Here's hoping this system isn't too far away. I can see a beneficial return for a few of my characters solely on splitting off main EXP to Ascension exp.

Right now I can eat through a higher level in about two week's time and it's driving me out of hunting areas I enjoy in a fast pace. I'd love to divert some exp away from going up in levels so fast. One character I've gone through 250 LTE in the past month to pull exp out of his head so he isn't rapidly out leveling a hunting area I like. He's sitting on around 65K LTE and I've still got another 280+ LTE to use, but they're going down quick.

I'm excited to see what all will exactly transpire here while I'm impatiently waiting for it to get released.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    The team met last night and finalized some additional details regarding Ascension, which I’m now opening up for player discussion.

* A character can’t participate in the Ascension system until level 20. After that point, they can divert a percent of their normal experience toward Ascension experience at the rate of 1 percent per level (e.g. 20% at level 20, 50% at level 50, and 100% at level 100).
    * Characters will be able to earn milestone Ascension Training Points (ATPs) for completing certain activities, in addition to earning ATPs by converting a certain amount of field experience to Ascension experience. Our goal is that the average character will easily earn 10 ATPs by level 100, with an additional 5 or so ATPs being possible for more dedicated characters. As an example, you might be able to earn 1 milestone ATP per 20 levels earned on your character. When possible, any credit for these activities will be retroactively applied.
    * Characters will earn 1 ATP per 50,000 Ascension experience earned.
    * Common abilities, which include +stat/skill/resists, act as enhancives, that stack with enhancive items, but are not subject to the enhancive limit and require no recharging.
    * Each rank of +stat ability is +1 stat, not bonus. Each +skill rank is +1 skill bonus. Each +resist is +1% resist, but resist items and abilities do not stack and only use the largest bonus from all categories.
    * The first 5 ranks of each +stat/skill/resist Common ability will cost 1 ATP each. Every 5 ranks after that, the cost increases by +1 ATP. As such, it will require approximately 9 million Ascension experience just to reach rank 40 in any one individual Common ability, and there are over 70 of them.

Please keep in mind, this system is mainly intended for post-cap development and to ensure longevity in the game. It’s our goal that no character should ever maximize every ability, or even more than a handful of them. In addition, this represents just the Common abilities. The Elite and Legendary will potentially be significantly more expensive, but also more impactful and character defining. Lastly, once we have most of this system in place, we hope to introduce new post-capped hunting grounds that are significantly more difficult, but offer greater rewards for the effort (more Ascension experience and treasure) compared to existing options. Let us know what you think!

GameMaster Estild

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...et_newest=true
    This part is the most intriguing. Significantly more difficult? How? As in nearly impossible to solo unless you have at least one set of max’d Legendary abilities? Group oriented? Obviously, if they are going to pump up our characters they will probably give us a challenge to use these new power.

Personally, I would like to see group oriented content for post cap hunting. Like super small groups of 3~5 players. I really don’t want to see just another grind place, practically we have entirety of the current game for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    This part is the most intriguing. Significantly more difficult? How? As in nearly impossible to solo unless you have at least one set of max’d Legendary abilities? Group oriented? Obviously, if they are going to pump up our characters they will probably give us a challenge to use these new power.

Personally, I would like to see group oriented content for post cap hunting. Like super small groups of 3~5 players. I really don’t want to see just another grind place, practically we have entirety of the current game for that.

I can see it now, HoA power hours #GetThatATP.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post

Capped areas with the warcamp shroud would be banana's
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Capped areas with the warcamp shroud would be banana's
    I’d imagine killing 12~20 post-cap critters which triggers a mini-boss to appear which is impossibly difficult outside of a group. The chest it leaves behind will have an “ATP orb” for each player who participated in the 12~20 grind and helped kill the mini-boss.