Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Ascension Update

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The goal is to sell RPA orbs for cash.
    Well, they are doing that in RW, so mission accomplished? lol

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    ”teabagging an infernal lich while wearing a fedora"
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Simu has earned every bit of the 'lol Simucoins' cynicism but honestly they've been on a fucking tear with dev in 2020 and I'm excited for Ascension to come out. I've got faith in dev, first time in a long time I've been able to say that for GSIV.
    It’s pretty crazy how much of an effect getting rid of a useless pile like Coase has had on dev. I don’t know any real details behind it, but he was one of the biggest reasons behind shit never getting done.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrim View Post
    Well, they are doing that in RW, so mission accomplished? lol

As long as the higher tier skills are really good and worth the grind though, I won’t give too many fucks.

I don’t actually expect them to be though, as dev has a pretty different idea than most players do as to what makes the game fun.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-20-2020 at 01:53 PM.

It’s pretty crazy how much of an effect getting rid of a useless pile like Coase has had on dev. I don’t know any real details behind it, but he was one of the biggest reasons behind shit never getting done.
    That's nuts.

As long as the higher tier skills are really good and worth the grind though, I won’t give too many fucks.

I don’t actually expect them to be though, as dev has a pretty different idea than most players do as to what makes the game fun.
    I’m sure the new hunting grounds will be lolRT unless you have some stupid ascension skill.

7. Default

I haven't played since last summer, but I do keep an eye out every once and then for info on this game I've been playing off and on for literally decades now! This is pretty exciting. I have no idea how it's going to play out as it seems they've only announced the boring baseline stuff like stat boosts. But these so-called "legendary" skills? That's the big question!

How amazing do these skills have to be to be worth millions upon millions of experience? For instance, a persistent environmental effect that simply kills you if you don't have the "legendary" skill to defend against it would be an effective means of ensuring that players train the skill (assuming they wish to enter the new area). But that wouldn't be very "legendary", would it? What exactly would be? I'm not sure how to answer that. So, I am extremely curious to hear what ideas they have on that.

~Taverkin

Here is an earlier thread with some good details to whet your appetite http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...cial-Ascension
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I haven't played since last summer, but I do keep an eye out every once and then for info on this game I've been playing off and on for literally decades now! This is pretty exciting. I have no idea how it's going to play out as it seems they've only announced the boring baseline stuff like stat boosts. But these so-called "legendary" skills? That's the big question!

How amazing do these skills have to be to be worth millions upon millions of experience? For instance, a persistent environmental effect that simply kills you if you don't have the "legendary" skill to defend against it would be an effective means of ensuring that players train the skill (assuming they wish to enter the new area). But that wouldn't be very "legendary", would it? What exactly would be? I'm not sure how to answer that. So, I am extremely curious to hear what ideas they have on that.

~Taverkin
    They threw a few ideas out in the initial announcement. They're still brainstorming them.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...cial-Ascension

Finally, Legendary abilities are designed for specific abilities/spells and usually tailored to a specific profession. It includes things like Rangers being able to tame one of each animal companion type (and separate ability to temporarily summon them all in combat), Warriors being able to manually stop a Berserk, Bards being able to create higher enchant sonic armaments, double attacks/spells, etc.
    lol @ warriors stopping a berserk being legendary, but the rest sound interesting.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

10. Default

Thanks!

The legendary skill section seemed very vague and it's not clear how the examples provided might be utilized specifically in the newer, tougher hunting ground we're imagining down the road. But I suppose I shouldn't worry overmuch. As a nearly 3x cap player, I'm getting to the point where the benefit of additional experience becomes increasingly irrelevant. It's difficult to imagine any system of benefits that would have less impact than earning more TPs has at this point. So, from that perspective, why worry? I'm sure it will be great and give me an excuse to re-open my account to see what's new!

~Taverkin