Thread: Script writing help

1. Default Script writing help

Hello. I just installed Lich on a new iMac--I had been using Avalon and YASSE for years, but the new Mac will not run YASSE.

I know nothing about programming or code, but I taught myself to write scripts for YASSE by looking at examples and figuring out how they worked. However, the examples I have found for Lich are just confusing me, and I can't get anything to work. I found the Wiki page on Lich scripting, which is good for explaining a lot of the available commands. But I need something more basic, just going down to what a simple script should look like, what it starts with, etc.

Is there any kind of really basic Lich scripting tutorial out there anywhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    Is there any kind of really basic Lich scripting tutorial out there anywhere? Any help would be appreciated.
    Not to my knowledge.

I did some videos on scripting a while back that you may or may not find helpful.

This one is titled "Lich scripting for beginners" but to be honest I don't remember much about the video at all

You can also find a few other scripts on the channel about scripting. When I'm feeling less lazy I really should get back into making more scripting videos.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not to my knowledge.

I did some videos on scripting a while back that you may or may not find helpful.

This one is titled "Lich scripting for beginners" but to be honest I don't remember much about the video at all

You can also find a few other scripts on the channel about scripting. When I'm feeling less lazy I really should get back into making more scripting videos.
    Thanks. I did see that one, and it was helpful. Still looking for some things, but that got me started.