Thread: Level 15 - Armor Question

Default Level 15 - Armor Question

I'm debating what armor to use for awhile now that I'm level 15. I'm currently in 4x leather breastplate. I prefer using lbp, cuirbouilli, studded leather, or chain mail. Would probably like to stick to using mostly lbp so I don't have to worry about training more in armor for the time being and to cut down on spell hinderance.

My current options I'm looking at are:

5x lbp for 500k
    5x lbp ots forest armor for 2 mil
    6x lbp for 2 mil

I currently use UAC in the open and want to stay that way. At 15, I'm not hiding/ambushing and I'm not using any spells yet as disablers, etc.

My question is, which option above is likely the best for my situation, And...
    How long would using that option be viable before I need to upgrade armor or start either hiding/ambushing.

For some background, I can hunt wraiths (15) just fine with a Dreavening, but when hunting mountain ogres (16) I got beat up a bit. I went and bought some 507 imbeds and that helped, but post level 20, I doubt I'll have the MIU to be able to activate that kind of stuff until later levels.

Just wait until brig and after brig wait until aug chain
    standing between the living and the dead

Lower AsG is better for the MM penalty on UAC, so stick with LBP for now. You can switch to chain mail at 40 ranks if you really want to. More broadly, doubles are excellent for UAC or casting rangers.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 06-03-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Lower AsG is better for the MM penalty on UAC, so stick with LBP for now. You can switch to chain mail at 40 ranks if you really want to. More broadly, doubles are excellent for UAC or casting rangers.
    I’d agree if he was going to hide but He’s gonna be in open
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    I’d agree if he was going to hide but He’s gonna be in open
    I realize I probably can't be in open forever, and not even sure I'd want to given the benefits of ambushing from hidden. But I would like to get a sense of how many levels going forward I'll be able to maintain UAC from open given the armor options I'm looking at. If the answer is lbp with open UAC is fine until 30/40, I'll pick up the 6x lbp for 2 mil. But if I'm going to run in to problems sooner than that, I'm not going to waste money on 6x lbp, I'll just pick up 5x and wait until I'm in brig or chain/aug chain before I spend 2-5 mil on mid range armor.

I'd stick to the LBP until/if you switch to chain. It's a good compromise between doubles and brig, given that you're open UAC'ing.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~