Page 162 of 199 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1981

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Telling people to expect to be attacked, robbed and to expect to give up their property is a clear indication that the government has given up on enforcing the law and no amount of ignorant cover by you two will change that.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Video released of the George Floyd arrest was obtained and released by the Daily Mail. As gritty as it is, it leads me to believe with very little doubt the officers were in the right. Mr Floyd was saying "I can't breathe" before he was out of the squad car and barely being touched ON THE ARM. The fact he was on fentynal while having an obvious panic attack really explains a lot about the underlying conditions of his death, knee or no knee.

There's a lot of honest to goodness police brutality and unfairness, but this really isn't a case of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...loyd-time.html
    It's like I said when this first happened though; even if George Floyd lived through this experience that stupid cop must have realized how bad the optics were to literally have his knee on the guy's neck while 3 other cops were also on top of him.

He probably would have walked away from this even if George Floyd had died if he just didn't have his knee on his neck.

Whether he deserves jail time or not for his role in this will be up to a jury, but regardless he acted like a fucking idiot during this arrest.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-03-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's like I said when this first happened though; even if George Floyd lived through this experience that stupid cop must have realized how bad the optics were to literally have his knee on the guy's neck while 3 other cops were also on top of him.

He probably would have walked away from this even if George Floyd had died if he just didn't have his knee on his neck.

Whether he deserves jail time or not for his role in this will be up to a jury, but regardless he acted like a fucking idiot during this arrest.
    Yeah, the optics are not great... I agree.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

In case it hasn't been posted yet, because I'm too lazy to keep up with every post in this thread.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

So my question becomes, since this is the Daily Mail, a hugely Leftist rag in Britain, if they got it, how many US outlets had/have it and refused to release it because it damages their narrative? I mean really, the Daily Mail isn't like the Enquirer who actually does investigative reporting among their sensationalist crap. Inquiring minds want to know.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So my question becomes, since this is the Daily Mail, a hugely Leftist rag in Britain, if they got it, how many US outlets had/have it and refused to release it because it damages their narrative? I mean really, the Daily Mail isn't like the Enquirer who actually does investigative reporting among their sensationalist crap. Inquiring minds want to know.
    US media saw the body cam footage over a month ago, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was leaked to them and they chose not to air it.

They are already showing highly edited versions of the video to make it look as bad as possible for the officers involved.

Blog Entries

US media saw the body cam footage over a month ago, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was leaked to them and they chose not to air it.

They are already showing highly edited versions of the video to make it look as bad as possible for the officers involved.
    The body cam footage makes it look as bad as possible for the officers. Floyd was murdered and the other 3 let it happen. The officer was kneeling on the dudes neck for an entire minute after Floyd died before he bothered to even check.

And before you go talking about Floyd's priors, look at his killer's. Hell, he is currently also being charged with an unrelated felony tax fraud. The motherfucker was dirty and he should have been kicked off the force years ago. Fucking police unions need to be gutted.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-04-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The body cam footage makes it look as bad as possible for the officers. Floyd was murdered and the other 3 let it happen. The officer was kneeling on the dudes neck for an entire minute after Floyd died before he bothered to even check.

And before you go talking about Floyd's priors, look at his killer's. Hell, he is currently also being charged with an unrelated felony tax fraud. The motherfucker was dirty and he should have been kicked off the force years ago. Fucking police unions need to be gutted.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Too many US civilians blindly support law enforcement. It's more than a few bad apples, and if the good apples aren't excising the bad ones, the whole bunch is bad.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    George Floyd was resisting while an officer was trying to put cuffs on him. He then wouldn't willingly get into the back of the police car, instead he kept saying he couldn't get in the car because he was claustrophobic (even though he was literally just driving a car), kept saying he was going to die if he got into the back of the car, and started saying he couldn't breath because of the aforementioned claustrophobia. This was all before they even put him on the ground.

I'm still on the side of the police fucked up in this case, but this is important information because it shows the officers weren't just ignoring his pleas for help because he couldn't breath because he was already pulling that line minutes before they even put him on the ground and was clearly using his supposed claustrophobia as an excuse to not get into the back of the police car.

It really is something how the media actively chose not to release this information and why the bodycam footage hasn't been released yet but instead was leaked. It's almost as if this is all a giant coverup in order to push a particular narrative.

Shouldn't we want all of the facts before we make a judgement? Or should we go the Bhaalizmo route and just declare all cops are bastards because he's a piece of shit?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-04-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Blog Entries

George Floyd was resisting while an officer was trying to put cuffs on him. He then wouldn't willingly get into the back of the police car, instead he kept saying he couldn't get in the car because he was claustrophobic (even though he was literally just driving a car), kept saying he was going to die if he got into the back of the car, and started saying he couldn't breath because of the aforementioned claustrophobia. This was all before they even put him on the ground.

I'm still on the side of the police fucked up in this case, but this is important information because it shows the officers weren't just ignoring his pleas for help because he couldn't breath because he was already pulling that line minutes before they even put him on the ground and was clearly lying about being claustrophobic as an excuse to not get into the back of the police car.

It really is something how the media actively chose not to release this information and why the bodycam footage hasn't been released yet but instead was leaked. It's almost as if this is all a giant coverup in order to push a particular narrative.

Shouldn't we want all of the facts before we make a judgement? Or should we go the Bhaalizmo route and just declare all cops are bastards because he's a piece of shit?
    If you consider that resisting, I don't know what to tell you. It was the least resistance I've ever seen. It is almost like cops are trained to just yell out "stop resisting" regardless.

And I'm not declaring all cops to be pieces of shit, just all four that were there.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam