Page 172 of 199 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1981

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

The police shooting of that girl was justified, she had a weapon and attacked another person.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    The police shooting of that girl was justified, she had a weapon and attacked another person.
    Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Racist.
    Aren't we all!
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Sounds like a lot of assuming. You won't even entertain the idea that they reached the conclusion that he's guilty?
    I was responding to, and provided supporting documentation, about the influence on the jurors and it's effect. I was not assuming.

In a previous post I said I agreed with all the charges except the murder 2.

And because of the insanity and threats of violence, none of us can rationally believe one way or the other on their decision. That's the problem with threats of violence, if an outcome supports violent peoples demands.

So you assume they found all the charges valid. I'm assuming they did not, because people are people - and most people lack the desire for confrontation and will succumb just to ensure their safety - so the easiest answer was simply "we already think 2 of the 3 are solid, let's just do all three so we don't face retribution".

That's my assumption - you can believe all of them really thought the way they adjudicated. But neither of us will ever know.

Edit: It used to be an accepted understanding in our legal system - jury intimidation, or jury tampering, was illegal and frowned upon. In this case, seems it's okay. I think that leads to utter chaos.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-22-2021 at 07:19 AM.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriff-m...172659624.html

The justified shooting of the girl already disappearing from the front pages - there is a new incident (without any facts as of yet) to try and push the narrative.

I don't know if it was an unjust shoot, or what happened, but I'll wait to reserve judgement till those facts are released. If a bad shoot - charge the officers. If it wasn't though - the pundits need to shut the hell up.

Hopefully the bodycam footage is released quickly to settle this one way or the other.

Media and pundits already pushing the narrative though without facts.

We'll see what happens.

There's something very wrong with society when these shootings are normalized to the point we're having to specify which specific shooting...
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    There's something very wrong with society when these shootings are normalized to the point we're having to specify which specific shooting...
    Don't disagree with you. It's fucked up out there.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/data/...htmlstory.html

Hardly hear about that though. They could use some more police intervention, but for some reason people want to defund them. Shit is getting weird.

Edit: The crazy part: "Figures from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show there were a total of more than 38,300 deaths from guns in 2019 - of which more than 23,900 were suicides."
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-22-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Sounds like a lot of assuming. You won't even entertain the idea that they reached the conclusion that he's guilty?
    Even if they did, that doesn't mean intimidation wasn't still happening.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    320+ million people living in close proximity, uncounted thousands if not hundreds of thousands of police interactions every day, world wide instant media coverage of anything anywhere, there is an issue and it isn't the shootings. Violence, shootings and crime ahs gone down for years, you hearing about it though has gone way up.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I was responding to, and provided supporting documentation, about the influence on the jurors and it's effect. I was not assuming.

In a previous post I said I agreed with all the charges except the murder 2.

And because of the insanity and threats of violence, none of us can rationally believe one way or the other on their decision. That's the problem with threats of violence, if an outcome supports violent peoples demands.

So you assume they found all the charges valid. I'm assuming they did not, because people are people - and most people lack the desire for confrontation and will succumb just to ensure their safety - so the easiest answer was simply "we already think 2 of the 3 are solid, let's just do all three so we don't face retribution".

That's my assumption - you can believe all of them really thought the way they adjudicated. But neither of us will ever know.

Edit: It used to be an accepted understanding in our legal system - jury intimidation, or jury tampering, was illegal and frowned upon. In this case, seems it's okay. I think that leads to utter chaos.
    You assume they watch the news and news feeds when they are likely instructed not to. You assume they have had communications about the trial when they are likely instructed not to. You're making a lot of assumptions, which you are entitled to do. You have provided zero evidence that they were unduly influenced, only a theory. You might be right but you might be wrong. Forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.
    Last edited by drauz; 04-22-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.