Page 190 of 199 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1981

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    A counter to be that would I guess if you said something that really pissed me off and I was like man, fuck Solkern, and I went on social media platforms and said "Hey, fuck this guy. He lives on 123 Retarded Commie Ln" and now you had people physically bothering you. Whatever social media platform in question, doesn't agree with you politically, so they're just like nah we're leaving it up. Because like you said, they can do whatever they want.
    Depending on the state, doxing can be illegal. You can also make some money off them via civil suits. That is why they'll generally take it down immediately upon report.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Depending on the state, doxing can be illegal. You can also make some money off them via civil suits. That is why they'll generally take it down immediately upon report.
    I acknowledge and agree, but also, they don't always take it down. For as many times as they take it down, there are likely just as many others that don't. With as fast as things spread on social media, you just need an asshat like a Lebron James putting up a photo of someone, and the wildfire can just spread. He can delete a post, but people can re-post the image and it becomes a hassle to keep it from spreading.

Blog Entries

What would be really interesting would be for Assliana to tell us how many men his mother shuffled in and out of his life to cause so much irreparable psychological damage.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    What would be really interesting would be for Assliana to tell us how many men his mother shuffled in and out of his life to cause so much irreparable psychological damage.
    Your mother created a racist that believes in fantasy over science, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    A counter to be that would I guess if you said something that really pissed me off and I was like man, fuck Solkern, and I went on social media platforms and said "Hey, fuck this guy. He lives on 123 Retarded Commie Ln" and now you had people physically bothering you. Whatever social media platform in question, doesn't agree with you politically, so they're just like nah we're leaving it up. Because like you said, they can do whatever they want.
    That violates plenty of laws, where I could call the police for harassment. but yeah... it’s their service, their terms and conditions that YOU agree to, when YOU sign up. Almost all social media platforms in their Terms and conditions can remove you for any reason they want.

If I want to start a left wing social media platform, where the terms and conditions allow only left wing people to join. guess what? I can kick any right wing person off it, any time I want. Because it’s my business, and in my terms and conditions state that, and YOU agreed to it when you signed up. Because your first amendment only stops the government from censoring speech, not private companies.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-25-2021 at 12:38 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Just a small example of the insanity people like Assliana and Solkern want us all to join in:

Fucked up college student pushing their pseudo bullshit "science": Mr. Carson to you identify as being black?

Ben Carson: I am black.
    Join in what?
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Social media can do whatever they want. It’s their service, don’t like it, don’t use it. Freedom of speech doesn’t apply for private companies. .
    I don't use any social media, haven't in over 15 years. I know what they do and how they do it. Fuck that noise.

Doesn't mean I want them regulating other peoples voices simply based on their political leanings. No one deserves their ideas to be censored, or the supported censoring by our government (like I posted above).
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-25-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Hey Gelston,
    You were right man... no fear about the Jury at all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anonymous...111309695.html

Thank goodness that Judge had some sense and kept their names private. Should have done a full sequester, but at least they had some protections in place.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-25-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I don't use any social media, haven't in over 15 years. I know what they do and how they do it. Fuck that noise.

Doesn't mean I want them regulating other peoples voices simply based on their political leanings. No one deserves their ideas to be censored, or the supported censoring by our government (like I posted above).
    Removing 230 will literally increase censorship. You dont have a grasp on what they do and how they do it
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Removing 230 will literally increase censorship. You dont have a grasp on what they do and how they do it
    Actually I do. Currently the companies are able to remove whatever they want WHILE protected.

230 should be amended to protect political speech if the company presents itself as a platform. Currently they censor political speech (on both sides, though tilted). Very few companies control a global monopoly, and to state otherwise is just naïve.

What you don't get - or you all keep ignoring - is I am FOR companies protected by section 230. I am AGAINST companies that abuse the protections to regulate peoples speech, because it directly benefits their narrative and suppresses peoples right to civil discourse.

I am also against what Biden and the Democrats want to do to section 230. 230 does not need to be removed. Ensuring companies do not manipulate it is the issue.

You would think most could understand the nuance of such an idea, but apparently not.

And before you say whatever:

https://www.theverge.com/21273768/se...ree-moderation

"President-elect Joe Biden is less vocal than Trump about Section 230. But he’s also not a fan of the law. In January 2020, Biden proposed revoking Section 230 completely. “The idea that it’s a tech company is that Section 230 should be revoked, immediately should be revoked, number one. For Zuckerberg and other platforms,” Biden said. “It should be revoked because it is not merely an internet company. It is propagating falsehoods they know to be false.”

That is AUTHORITARINISM. That shit is fucked up. I am not for that at all. So stop trying to change what I'm stating.

SIMPLE STATEMENT:

KEEP 230
    ENSURE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES DON'T ABUSE THE PROTECTIONS IT AFFORDS

The Left wants to get rid of 230 so they can further control it. That's AUTHORITARINISM.

Edit: Hey Alfster... over there -------------------------> Thanks.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-25-2021 at 10:11 AM.