Page 55 of 199 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So no, you don't.
    I don't have the time to filter through 66 million google hits on the topic of Kent state. You'll either have to do the digging yourself or take my word for it. We already know you will do neither.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    so he made threats after he attended a rally, what happened to freedom of speech?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Photo of pickup about 4 miles from my house, at park parking lot. Blacked out windows everywhere but the front, no plates. This photo was snapped by a friend of a friend who lives in Powderhorn, one of the neighborhoods that was closer to the riots than me. Other friend of friend found 2 full gas cans behind his garage.

Attachment 9561
    Take care of it yourself.. you don't need cops anymore.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    None of you have hurt my feelings for the record. You have no effect on my personal feelings or well being, and I am definitely not trying to pretend to be anything I'm not. I know who I am and where I want to go, and what you say or do has no bearing on that. I made a mistake by lowering my own standards and I owned up to it, and now I'm doing what I can to do better and maintain civility, no matter how difficult it may be at times.

You're welcome to call me out on whatever you like, and not once did I ask you not to. Just because you say something though, doesn't make it true. I maintain that none of my posts in the last couple of days would amount to sealioning, and your response certainly didn't do anything to change my mind.

While this was a fun distraction for a couple of days, you folks have fun tearing each other apart, I'm going to bow out and choose to focus my energies on something more productive. And this goes to all of you who can't keep it civil, on both "sides": If you ever want even the slightest chance of reaching the people you're talking to, you can't continue to call them names and alienate them. You're only going to drive things farther apart, and while you're side is "winning" that distance is great, but nothing stays the same forever and you may not like where things end up in the long run. You'll have much better results if you really do try to maintain some common courtesy and respect. Neither far left or far right will get us where we need to be. There is value in some of the opinions on both sides of the fence, and we should work on combining the best of them. Spend this time and effort trying to find solutions instead of just complaining about what the other side is doing.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You misrepresented my use of a hypothetical to paint it as a common fallacy when, in fact, my use of hypothetical situations didn't meet the criteria for that fallacy.

You know, the definition of a Straw Man fallacy
    Wrong again. You should go back to community college.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Photo of pickup about 4 miles from my house, at park parking lot. Blacked out windows everywhere but the front, no plates. This photo was snapped by a friend of a friend who lives in Powderhorn, one of the neighborhoods that was closer to the riots than me. Other friend of friend found 2 full gas cans behind his garage.

Attachment 9561
    I'm going to go take a picture of my chinese neighbors ricer with blacked out windows and share. He parks it in his driveway.

Also, dude, free gas.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

I'm not about taking sides, but people keep bringing up the economy and how much Trump did to make it grow, so I feel the need to add some feedback there.

I work in the financial sector and all of the rate reductions he was pushing for to keep the economy stimulated are now having the negative impact that many predicted. Super low rates during a spending crisis like we are seeing with the Covid-19 fallout has two major impacts on banks. First, spending is way down, and with that comes a massive reduction in fee revenue, one of the main things that keep banks afloat. Second, due to the financial uncertainly that many families are facing we are seeing unprecedented amounts of people refinancing loans. What this means for banks is a huge loss in projected income, as they receive payoffs for loans that might have been on the books for another 10 years at 4%. So budgeting and projections are all askew. Many institutions are facing the problem of not being able to pay dividends to account holders because they are suddenly operating in the red, and it takes Fed approval to pay dividends when you are in the negative.

The point of this is, artificially stimulating the economy by reducing rates was something that everyone said was a bad thing. Trump ignored this and continued to harass the Fed and try to impose his will on them. His inexperience with the reality behind how the financial sector truly works and his unwillingness to listen to people has put us in a really bad spot. Stocks may be up, but the sector backing consumer lending is seeing the warning signs of seriously bad times on the very near horizon.

So while on the surface the economy still seems like its not in hot water, there are a lot of things brewing that people are not aware of that spell danger.

I do not think that this was ever Trump's intention. But unintended consequences can be real. And at this point there does not appear to be a fix for what we are headed towards.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Some healthcare workers when people protest to open up the economy so they can go back to work and earn money to feed their families:

Some healthcare workers when people want to protest racism or whatever the fuck it is they are protesting:

Nothing political about either of these events!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-04-2020 at 09:46 AM.

9. Default

My wife is a healthcare worker and didn't do any of that. Nor did any of her co-workers. You are generalizing things (so am I with anecdotal evidence). You should just say stupid people, and then you are correct all the time.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    My wife is a healthcare worker and didn't do any of that. Nor did any of her co-workers. You are generalizing things (so am I with anecdotal evidence). You should just say stupid people, and then you are correct all the time.
    I edited my post.

Also let's not forget that open letter signed by dozens of doctors and epidemiologists saying these protests should continue because racism and white supremacy leads to more deaths from the Wuhan virus or whatever that dumb letter said.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-04-2020 at 09:57 AM.