Page 15 of 199 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Blog Entries

It's also interesting that blue states overwhelmingly hold the top positions in the nation for homelessness. 1 out of every 4 homeless people in the US live in CA. Mississippi has the lowest homeless rate.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just realized your disingenuous sleight of hand here. California and NY are above average when it comes to percentage of RESIDENTS with at least a BA.

So in other words these people may actually have come from other states because California is where all of the high tech jobs are? Meaning CA and NY shouldn't be the ones taking credit for their citizens attending and graduating college?

I'm pretty sure in one of your many stories you yourself claim you moved to San Fransisco from another state because that's where the jobs were.
    CA would not even exist if not for it's dependence upon other states resources. They are so stupid, that they bitch about climate change while dumping other states water in the sand so their man made desert oases can survive.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    CA would not even exist if not for it's dependence upon other states resources. They are so stupid, that they bitch about climate change while dumping other states water in the sand so their man made desert oases can survive.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

CA is ranked 39th.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._States_by_GDP

California has by far the highest GDP, even with all the homelessness, means they are doing some things right.
    Last edited by Solkern; 05-30-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Resources, not federal dollars. Also those rankings are dumb for the reasons I explained to you last time plus more.

Resources, not federal dollars. Also those rankings are dumb for the reasons I explained to you last time plus more.

Pretty sure federal dollars are also a resource.
    But yes, I understand what you mean.

But of course they use a lot of resources. It’s the biggest state, highest population and don’t forget makes the most money... States do different things, and supply the country in different ways. I’m 100% they are supporting other states in other ways.
    Last edited by Solkern; 05-30-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=32312

Looks like it’s not California that uses the most resources.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/2...-surprise-you/

And looks like California produces quite a lot of resources! I’m shocked by how much tbh!
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Pretty sure federal dollars are also a resource.
    But yes, I understand what you mean.
    Those rankings are always so easy to manipulate to get the outcome you want.

Like why doesn't it take into account military bases? I'm pretty sure California has several large military bases, all filled with military personnel with families and who all contribute to the local economy with their federal income.

Why doesn't it take into account national parks? I'm pretty sure those bring in some money to the local economy from tourists visiting the state just to visit those parks.

Why does it go by federal funding as a share of state revenue? So even if two states received the exact same amount of 100 million dollars in federal funding the "blue" state would receive a lower federal dependence funding score because their federal budget is 10 billion dollars while a red state would receive a higher score because their state funding is 1 billion dollars.

Those rankings are always so easy to manipulate to get the outcome you want.

Like why doesn't it take into account military bases? I'm pretty sure California has several large military bases, all filled with military personnel with families and who all contribute to the local economy with their federal income.

Why doesn't it take into account national parks? I'm pretty sure those bring in some money to the local economy from tourists visiting the state just to visit those parks.

Why does it go by federal funding as a share of state revenue? So even if two states received the exact same amount of 100 million dollars in federal funding the "blue" state would receive a lower federal dependence funding score because their federal budget is 10 billion dollars while a red state would receive a higher score because their state funding is 1 billion dollars.
    I’m pretty sure it takes into account many factors.
    But using that same logic, any poll, rankings, or whatever you post, I could apply the same logic?
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Last edited by Methais; 05-30-2020 at 03:46 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

CA is ranked 39th.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._States_by_GDP

California has by far the highest GDP, even with all the homelessness, means they are doing some things right.
    Highest GDP and yet they lead the nation in homelessness. Remember when I was talking about keeping a moral check on greed, CA appears to be the biggest offender of unchecked greed in the country and yet they are the loudest ones in the room. Weird.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984