Page 51 of 199 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    Just because smoke makes you cough and possibly your eyes burn, does not make it tear gas. Much like seasonal allergies does not mean I have COVID-19. Tear gas is awful. Having been told (and watched to my laughter) friends going through Academy getting pepper sprayed, there's no way in hell they're going to throw a canister of that out and then run into it with no sort of protection from it. It was smoke. It's been said by the police there and those reporting on it that no, tear gas was not used. Smoke, and pepper bullets.

Even if you were right (and you're not)- it doesn't change anything.

A sitting US President ordered an attack on American citizens who were exercising their Constitutional right to protest- peacefully. We can even pretend no gas of any kind was used- that still leaves flash bombs and rubber bullets.

Please tell me you understand that this is as un-American as it gets. Is this how you want things to be from now on?

Do you want Presidents retweeting things like "The only good Republican is a dead Republican"? Do you want that to be normal?

Do you want Presidents to start deploying the military against US citizens on US soil as a first resort to deal with protesting? Should that be what our country looks like? Military vehicles routinely deployed on the streets of our cities?

Do you want to see Presidents writing Executive Orders retaliating against anyone who dares to criticize them, while telling us all it's about protecting free speech? Is that what our Democracy should look like?

Do you want it to be normal for Democratic Presidents to threaten violence against 2nd Amendment protesters? Is that what being an American should mean?

Stop and think about what you are waving into our democracy and what you're selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    A sitting US President ordered an attack on American citizens who were exercising their Constitutional right to protest- peacefully.
    So you think the cops were lying when they said "peaceful protesters" were throwing frozen water bottles and glass bottles at them right?

Just say it. Just say "I think the cops are always lying and the protesters are always peaceful."

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    A chemical agent in gaseous form was used on protesters prior to Trump's church photo op. This gas, which cause sufferers eyes to water (tear) up was used at the request of William Barr. But since no actual agent branded "tear gas" was used on protestors, let's all get hung up on the type of lachrymator agent used in order to distract from the fact is fucking happened at all.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...0-3f7d908139dd
    I'll take the word of the police who said, yeah we didn't use tear gas. They weren't wearing masks themselves. Why would they gas themselves? Also, get the fuck out of the way when you're asked to back the fuck up. Protest away, just clear space. That's not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So you think the cops were lying when they said "peaceful protesters" were throwing frozen water bottles and glass bottles at them right?

Just say it. Just say "I think the cops are always lying and the protesters are always peaceful."
    I believe the Park Police are lying. Video evidence provided by multiple news agencies and protesters show what actually happened, but DC Police nor Park Police have backed up their story despite all the vest cameras
    Last edited by Seran; 06-03-2020 at 09:14 PM.

A sitting US President ordered an attack on American citizens who were exercising their Constitutional right to protest- peacefully. We can even pretend no gas of any kind was used- that still leaves flash bombs and rubber bullets.

Please tell me you understand that this is as un-American as it gets. Is this how you want things to be from now on?

Do you want Presidents retweeting things like "The only good Republican is a dead Republican"? Do you want that to be normal?

Do you want Presidents to start deploying the military against US citizens on US soil as a first resort to deal with protesting? Should that be what our country looks like? Military vehicles routinely deployed on the streets of our cities?

Do you want to see Presidents writing Executive Orders retaliating against anyone who dares to criticize them, while telling us all it's about protecting free speech? Is that what our Democracy should look like?

Do you want it to be normal for Democratic Presidents to threaten violence against 2nd Amendment protesters? Is that what being an American should mean?

Stop and think about what you are waving into our democracy and what you're selling out.
    Yeah not gonna lie, I don't give a fuck. The national guard was deployed when the "peaceful rioting and looting" began. Because shit was overwhelming the local police. No one cares about protestors, they're not doing damage. You care when cities are being destroyed. Use your fucking left wing brain and realize where the force is being applied, and it's not on the people just with signs.

Not all protestors are bad.

Not all black people are criminals.

Not all white people are racist.

All looters are bad.

6. Default

Do you think hypothetical chicken little scenarios are effective forms of debate?

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/c...ical-fallacies

There are 15 listed in the logical fallacies link above, I think you hit some form of all of them.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Do you think hypothetical chicken little scenarios are effective forms of debate?

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/c...ical-fallacies

There are 15 listed in the logical fallacies link above, I think you hit some form of all of them.
    The use of hypothetical is only a fallacy when you are speculating on what might have happened in the past or are taking a future hypothetical to be absolutely true.

You may notice that I employed neither of those tactics.

You, on the other hand, just employed a classic Straw Man fallacy- which is deeply ironic.

Careful, time4fun once taught a logic course.

I'm just waiting for time4fun or Seran to say the DC police are war criminals because even militaries don't use tear gas against one another.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-03-2020 at 09:49 PM.

9. Default

The use of hypothetical is only a fallacy when you are speculating on what might have happened in the past or are taking a future hypothetical to be absolutely true.

You may notice that I employed neither of those tactics.

You, on the other hand, just employed a classic Straw Man fallacy- which is deeply ironic.
    So, what position of yours did I attack that you don't really hold? You know, the definition of a strawman fallacy.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

The DA of St. Louis has released each and every single looter and rioter that was arrested without bringing charges against a single one of them.

Nothing political going on here!