Page 62 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Because I don't agree with your points and because I won't listen to an old white lady lecture me about being white means I have no compassion?

Okay.
    Probably one of the scariest parts of that argument is the number of folks who don't realize just how prejudice it is to make assumptions on people by the color of their skin. Democrats and Republicans alike are falling all over themselves to show themselves as apologists and missing the point entirely. Reforms should be about banning chokeholds and other oxygen starving manuevers, not making it so all officers are afraid to go to work

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Nope, because it's become obvious to me that you only want to cling to what you believe and what supports what you believe, and you are not willing to consider anyone else's point of view as legitimate. You don't have an open mind, so it's like debating with a wall. You find any way to twist things and manipulate things to say what you want them to. I don't have time for people like that, but felt like you at least deserved an explanation since you asked.
    Guess I'll just have to go through life without your approval then

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Probably one of the scariest parts of that argument is the number of folks who don't realize just how prejudice it is to make assumptions on people by the color of their skin.
    I didn't make any assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Reforms should be about banning chokeholds and other oxygen starving manuevers, not making it so all officers are afraid to go to work
    I think almost everyone would be fine with saying officers can't place their knee on a suspect's neck, Democrats are the ones talking about disbanding the police force as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think almost everyone would be fine with saying officers can't place their knee on a suspect's neck, Democrats are the ones talking about disbanding the police force as a whole.
    Dude loves his blanket statements eh..

I'm going to break from the party and suggest cops should carry malpractice insurance like a doctor would. They should also hire less people who barely graduated high school and want to shoot people.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSE View Post

I'm going to break from the party and suggest cops should carry malpractice insurance like a doctor would. They should also hire less people who barely graduated high school and want to shoot people.

They wouldn't be able to afford the insurance because they'd be in the 'high risk of liability' category. We'd go bankrupt paying them enough to pay for the insurance which allows them to kill civilians, like some people are apparently perfectly okay with.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSE View Post

In reality the civil lawsuits municipalities face is the insurance policy held in trust by the taxpayers to make sure their local leaders aren't hiring reborn elk hunter survivalists and sociopaths for law enforcement.

The sad thing is that now more than ever police and sheriffs department need every bit as much funding as they can get.

We'd go bankrupt paying them enough to pay for the insurance which allows them to kill civilians, like some people are apparently perfectly okay with.
    Do you think a cop should never be able to kill a civilian? Sure sounds like what you're saying and you're batshit crazy if you think that.

lol...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The willful ignorance is so strong, I can't compete. Logic and compassion have no place with some. Have a great life Tgo!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Why do you keep using words that you don't know the meaning of? It's baffling.