Page 165 of 199 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1981

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    I wouldn't lecture anyone on having heads up asses, given the shit you just pulled out of yours.
    You are like the king of "NOU!" arguing.

You're arguing with no one for the sake of arguing.
    Sure looks like I'm arguing with you because you insisted you didn't understand what I was saying even though I couldn't have been more clear in what I was saying.

I didn't opine on much of anything beyond it's pointless and in bad taste to argue now
    It's an event that had worldwide repercussions which resulted in billions of dollars in property damage, countless people injured, several people dead, and policies all over the world from small schools to federal governments changing, and you don't think it's important to discuss new facts that have arose because it runs counter to your position? I'm sure if the bodycam footage had showed the officers using all sorts of racist language you would want to discuss this until the end of time, but since the bodycam footage destroys just about every single narrative we were told to believe you now think it's in bad taste to discuss it?

You never want your beliefs challenged. Never. You want to sit in your ivory tower and just look down upon us mere peasants for not seeing things your way.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-05-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Ok tgo, you think that video makes it better? It actually makes it even worse for the officers.

Him saying I can't breathe, would be MORE of a reason for the officer NOT to put his knee on his neck. Because you know, that will make it WORSE.

And if he had trouble breathing BEFORE the knee, do you think he'd have more or less breathing problems with a knee on his neck?

Next, When the officer put his knee on Floyd's neck for NINE minutes, now they have prior information, that Floyd was having trouble breathing before the incident AND STILL DID IT!

So these officers knew Floyd was having trouble breathing, and he still had a knee to the next for 9 minutes. How does that look?

I think in law, that would be considered murder right? They knew this man had trouble breathing, instead of helping him... you made it WORSE by putting a knee on his neck for 9 minutes, which ended up killing him.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-05-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Him saying I can't breathe, would be MORE of a reason for the officer NOT to put his knee on his neck. Because you know, that will make WORSE.
    It shows that he was complaining about not being able to breathe before he was even put on the ground, even though we were told (lied to) that the reason he was saying he couldn't breathe was because of the knee on his neck. The autopsy report also says nothing about strangulation or restricted airways, it says he died of a heart attack brought on by the drugs in his system and his encounter with the police.

Like I said just about every narrative we were told to believe has now been disproved. The only thing we don't have an explanation for is why they felt the need to apply pressure to George Floyd, especially his neck, which is why I still have a problem with that.

Literally everything else we were told has been revealed to be a lie.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-05-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It shows that he was complaining about not being able to breathe before he was even put on the ground, even though we were told (lied to) that the reason he was saying he couldn't breathe was because of the knee on his neck. The autopsy report also says nothing about strangulation or restricted airways, it says he died of a heart attack brought on by the drugs in his system and his encounter with the police.

Like I said just about every narrative we were told to believe has now been disproved. The only thing we don't have an explanation for is why they felt the need to apply pressure to George Floyd, especially his neck, which is why I still have a problem with that.

Literally everything else we were told has been revealed to be a lie.

That changes nothing, you don't know why he wouldn't breathe earlier, no one does.. the man said he couldn't breathe. What narrative does that change?

Officer puts knee on his neck, "I cant breathe your knee is on my neck!"
    Officer "Oh that's bullshit, you said you couldn't breathe earlier"
    You think that makes it look better?
    Having a knee on someone's neck, restricts their breathing, it doesn't matter what they said before.

Nothing changes the fact, that he couldn't breathe with the officers knee on his neck.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-05-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

That changes nothing, you don't know why he wouldn't breathe earlier, no one does.. the man said he couldn't breathe. What narrative does that change?
    The fact that we were told he couldn't breathe because of said knee on his neck. I feel like I just said this.

He never said that. You are just adding context now.

Officer "Oh that's bullshit, you said you couldn't breathe earlier"
    You think that makes it look better?
    Having a knee on someone's neck, restricts their breathing, it doesn't matter what they said before.

Nothing changes the fact, that he couldn't breathe with the officers knee on his neck.
    Now explain the “claustrophobia” over being put in the back seat of a police SUV, moments after he was sitting in the driver’s seat of his own SUV without being claustrophobic, which if we’re taking measurements, should theoretically cause even worse claustrophobia then the cop car.

I know some people here are wishing really really hard for it to be true, but literally zero people, Tgo included, which seems to be eating some people here up, are defending anything the cops did after Floyd’s neck was kneeled on.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-05-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Sure looks like I'm arguing with you because you insisted you didn't understand what I was saying even though I couldn't have been more clear in what I was saying.
    I understood what you said just fine -- I continue to hold the opinion that what you were saying is pointless now.

It's an event that had worldwide repercussions which resulted in billions of dollars in property damage, countless people injured, several people dead, and policies all over the world from small schools to federal governments changing, and you don't think it's important to discuss new facts that have arose because it runs counter to your position? I'm sure if the bodycam footage had showed the officers using all sorts of racist language you would want to discuss this until the end of time, but since the bodycam footage destroys just about every single narrative we were told to believe you now think it's in bad taste to discuss it?

You never want your beliefs challenged.
    I don't give a shit if you challenge my beliefs, but the "worldwide repercussions" you so asininely described have little to do with what happened before he was killed, and everything to do with the fact that he was killed -- that was my point. The Black Lives Matter protests are about the murders of numerous Black people, and nothing in that video "destroys" any current narrative nor provides any justification for an officer of the law asphyxiating someone to death.

You want to sit in your ivory tower and just look down upon us mere peasants for not seeing things your way.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

nothing in that video "destroys" any current narrative nor provides any justification for an officer of the law asphyxiating someone to death.
    Again the autopsy report says nothing of the sort.

Does this mean the officer was in the right to kneel on his neck? No. Again I can't think of any possible reason for why he was doing that. The only way that would even remotely make sense is if a suspect is being violent, but George Floyd wasn't being violent at all, he just wasn't being cooperative. Not to mention that even if he were being violent there were 4 police officers there and George Floyd was in handcuffs so even then kneeling on his neck doesn't make sense.

The officer clearly isn't innocent, he's guilty of a crime here. But "asphyxiating someone to death"? No. The bodycam footage and the autopsy report shoots down that narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Now explain the “claustrophobia” over being put in the back seat of a police SUV, moments after he was sitting in the driver’s seat of his own SUV without being claustrophobic, which if we’re taking measurements, should theoretically cause even worse claustrophobia then the cop car.

I know some people here are wishing really really hard for it to be true, but literally zero people, Tgo included, which seems to be eating some people here up, are defending anything the cops did after Floyd’s neck was kneeled on.

have you ever been arrested? It can cause panic attacks, which can lead to the feeling of claustrophobia, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, elevated heart rate, among other things, being on drugs, also adds to the overall panic of the situation.

him saying i can't breathe could be from any number of factors above, and pulling him out of the cop car and putting a knee on him (which can even further enhance what i listed above), while he's still saying he cant breathe, just makes the entire situation worse.

All I'm getting at, what transpired before, and after the knee on the neck, about him saying I can't breathe, doesn't make him saying i can't breathe while the officers knee was on his neck, any less of a concern or invalidates, the knee on the neck caused him trouble breathing, it enhanced it and the overall situation, to the point a man died.
    simply saying, he said he can't breathe before the officer put his knee on the his neck, doesn't change that fact.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-05-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Blog Entries

Again the autopsy report says nothing of the sort.

Does this mean the officer was in the right to kneel on his neck? No. Again I can't think of any possible reason for why he was doing that. The only way that would even remotely make sense is if a suspect is being violent, but George Floyd wasn't being violent at all, he just wasn't being cooperative. Not to mention that even if he were being violent there were 4 police officers there and George Floyd was in handcuffs so even then kneeling on his neck doesn't make sense.

The officer clearly isn't innocent, he's guilty of a crime here. But "asphyxiating someone to death"? No. The bodycam footage and the autopsy report shoots down that narrative.
    On May 29, the country was told that the autopsy of George Floyd “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation,” and that “potential intoxicants” and preexisting cardiovascular disease “likely contributed to his death.” This requires clarification. Importantly, these commonly quoted phrases did not come from a physician, but were taken from a charging document that utilized politicized interpretations of medical information. As doctors, we wish to highlight for the public that this framing of the circumstances surrounding Floyd’s death was at best, a misinterpretation, and at worst, a deliberate obfuscation.

A timeline of events illustrates how a series of omissions and commissions regarding Mr. Floyd’s initial autopsy results deceptively fractured the truth. On May 28, a statement released by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s office reported ongoing investigations and acknowledgement from the forensic pathologist that an “autopsy … must be interpreted in the context of the pertinent investigative information.” As per standardized medical examination, Floyd’s underlying health conditions and toxicology screen were documented. These are ordinary findings that do not suggest causation of death, yet headlines and the May 29 charging document falsely overstated the role of Floyd’s coronary artery disease and hypertension, which increase the risk of stroke and heart attack over years, not minutes. Asphyxia—suffocation—does not always demonstrate physical signs, as other physician groups have noted.

Without this important medical context, however, the public was left to reconcile manipulated medical language with the evidence they had personally witnessed. Ultimately, the initial report overstated and misrepresented the role of chronic medical conditions, inappropriately alluded to intoxicants, and failed to acknowledge the stark reality that but for the defendant’s knee on George Floyd’s neck, he would not be dead today.

By Monday, June 1, in the context of widespread political pressure, the public received two reports: the preliminary autopsy report commissioned by Floyd’s family by private doctors, and—shortly thereafter—a summary of the preliminary autopsy from the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office. Both reports stated that the cause of Floyd’s death was homicide: death at the hands of another.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.