Page 69 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    For real. The officers were suspended, not fired, kind of a silly thing to resign over. Something tells me there is more to this story.
    From what I have read the officers didn't resign from the police force, they have just resigned from the Emergency Response Team. That makes more sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    From what I have read the officers didn't resign from the police force, they have just resigned from the Emergency Response Team. That makes more sense.
    A lot more sense.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I do agree that certain calls should be handled by professionals. Not cops, but actual professionals that can identify a person having a mental episode. Or someone that can and will identify a domestic dispute. We should have those services, at the bare minimum, alongside the officers.

So less shit like violence and mishandling of justice can at least be curtailed.
    Just have all the units followed around with a camera crew from Cops.

15 people have died so far in these "peaceful protests."

Looks like at least 9 of them were black and most were killed by protesters. Did their lives matter too, time4fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Just have all the units followed around with a camera crew from Cops.
    Have you see that AMC Cops show they got going on? I've seen dudes correct themselves on camera, mid-swing.

Trump “It’s a great day for George Floyd!”

How exactly is it a great day for George Floyd? he’s dead.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post

How exactly is it a great day for George Floyd? he’s dead.
    Literal fake news:

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status...052100608?s=20

"Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race…Hopefully #GeorgeFloyd is looking down right now & saying this is a great thing that's happening for our country…in terms of equality"

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Dude, I saw that and fucking paused. I haven't seen some stupid shit like that in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Dude, I saw that and fucking paused. I haven't seen some stupid shit like that in a while.
    My boyfriend asked me the other day if I could think of a single situation where Trump demonstrated credible empathy or took responsibility for anything (vs credit). I honestly had no answer for him. Three and a half years, and I can't think of a single situation.

I'm not saying you have to be a good person to be a good leader, but I honestly just don't think he's a good person. I think he's broken, and I don't think he's capable of things like empathy or remorse.

That's what makes him so dangerous as a leader. Handing power over to people like that is a massive risk. And it doesn't often end well.
    Last edited by time4fun; 06-05-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    My boyfriend asked me the other day if I could think of a single situation where Trump demonstrated credible empathy or took responsibility for anything (vs credit). I honestly had no answer for him. Three and a half years, and I can't think of a single situation.
    You're like those people on Twitter who claim their 8 year olds ask them profound questions, except you use your boyfriend I guess.

This is how fake news spreads though. The media puts out fake news, someone here repeats it, someone else corrects it almost immediately, and yet all people want to talk about is the fake news.

Imagine if we had an honest media.

But as always upon learning the media lied to them the far left will shrug, say "Fuck Trump!", and line up to be lied to yet again.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-05-2020 at 07:31 PM.