Page 60 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    ROFL. The real reason the riots continue.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/da...3913760/?hl=en
    I don't have Instagram and apparently need an account to view it. What's this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well here is everyone's favorite racist Rashida Tlaib tweeting her support of the #DefundPolice movement:

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/sta...116254722?s=20

Also "the squad" have talked about getting rid of ICE numerous times.

This is where you now deflect and say "Ah ha! So just the police and ICE, but not all others!" Because yes, after they defund the police and ICE I'm sure they'll stop there.

Is that the same dumb bitch that demanded to wear a hijab in Congress? And doesn't understand separation of church and state? And we don’t give a fuck what your religion is. Rules are rules

Or am I thinking of another dumb bitch?
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-04-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Is that the same dumb bitch that demanded to wear a hijab in Congress? And doesn't understand separation of church and state? And we don’t give a fuck what your religion is. Rules are rules

Or am I thinking of another dumb bitch?
    The hijab thing is Ilhan Omar.

4. Default

I don't have Instagram and apparently need an account to view it. What's this all about?
    Interview of some rioter... news lady asks him... "what will it take to end all this?"

He says "pussy, some real good pussy would do it".
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Interview of some rioter... news lady asks him... "what will it take to end all this?"

He says "pussy, some real good pussy would do it".
    lol

That's awesome.

6. Default

I'm pretty sure it's a real news clip, but I don't think it's from these riots.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

https://twitter.com/the_real_fly/sta...54038744125440

I know I said I'd bow out, but for as much vitriol is being thrown at the rioters here I wanted to share these videos I came across and I had some time to burn, and I have weak self control. Good cops or bad cops? How do you combat this kind of mentality in the police force? Both sides have justifiable reasons to be angry and scared and hostile right now, but it's no excuse for their behavior. But it is a reason, and you have to understand the reason that the problem exists in order to fix it or even contribute to a possible solution. And you can't fix it for just one side, or it all happens all over again. Spinning it one way or the other won't help. The issue is that this has been going on along time, and we all ignore it. We just say, "Ah, there's nothing we can do about it. Maybe he deserved it." Case in point, watch this one first: https://twitter.com/cangia48/status/1268380509870022657

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/02/nypd-...hoot-run-over/ Found it somewhere else. Disclaimer: the article does indicate police scanners have gone missing, so it's possible it was not police making the comments. If it was, it's terrifying.

So it's not an isolated incident where police think it's okay to kill civilians for the slightest of infractions (but they wouldn't move out of my way!!!). These are just what have been caught on camera or leaked that I found in like 5 minutes of scrolling through a single Twitter feed. This is really how some of these cops think. Do they all think like that? Of course not. However the problem is if you actually know any cops, you know they are a brotherhood. There are as always exceptions to the rule, but most of them I've met act this way, and they speak about it very openly. They'd never arrest a fellow officer for a DUI, or going 50 over in their personal car. It's not about doing the right thing for some of them, or serving and protecting. Certain jobs attract certain personality types and positions of authority, like policing tends to draw people who get off on exerting their power over others. I unfortunately decided to watch the video of the officer kneeling on the neck of George Floyd's unmoving body for many minutes. How could anyone think that is acceptable to do to another human being? Who exactly was he serving and protecting? A gas station over a counterfeit $20? The officers weren't really in any danger, certainly nothing beyond what they are trained to do. Do you really think it's not a common mentality among them? It's time to open your eyes if you're in favor of police and soldiers killing rioters and looters. The day it's okay to for our government to gun down unarmed citizens in the streets for not obeying their orders, is a day that this country has jumped the shark and there is no coming back. So please, think twice before you support that. It could be your kid or your friend's kid out there protesting and get gunned down by our own Government. Or your niece, nephew, or cousin. One day, it could even be you. This is going to affect much, just like COVID did. Tiananmen Square won't ever be forgotten, and we if we respond the same way, neither will our response. Except with more pictures and videos.

Please quit furthering this hatred and find some common ground, some compromise, regardless of who you support and vote for. Realize that just because you don't agree with their methods, it doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate reason, just as you have a legitimate reason for being upset about what they're doing. If you can find some empathy then you can help instead of hurt. The more brutal the Government gets, the more people are going to speak out and act out. This is not going to go away with force, unless it's under martial law. But that, my friends, is an ugly prospect and one I hope does not come to pass because we may never come out of it. The people in charge are going to have to actually listen and realize that things need to change, realize their prejudiced/racist views, and fix them. And I mean the racist liberals and the racist conservatives. All of them, they exist on both sides, though not every one one both sides is a racist. And all of the people of the USA. Unless you're perfectly okay with people living in our country that you yourself would not want to be treated as. That video said it all better than I can.

And don't forget this one. How dare he ride his bike. Wweren't people upset about perceived inability to die bikes during the pandemic lockdowns?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1268366550475603969

That is all. Have a nice night, and I hope everyone tries on a different point of view.

DISCLAIMER: Just to be very clear, I do not condone the violence on any side. I could post some videos of rioters throwing stuff at cops and cops returning force, but Tgo has already supplied several of those. Anyone committing acts of violence are not helping anyone's cause. Just in case anyone wants to try and say I'm okay with protesters attacking cops, I most definitely am not. Both sides should be represented though. I also think the 'squad' is pretty far out there.
    Last edited by Blazar; 06-04-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: epic link fails

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    https://twitter.com/the_real_fly/sta...54038744125440

I know I said I'd bow out, but for as much vitriol is being thrown at the rioters here I wanted to share these videos I came across and I had some time to burn, and I have weak self control. Good cops or bad cops? How do you combat this kind of mentality in the police force? Both sides have justifiable reasons to be angry and scared and hostile right now, but it's no excuse for their behavior. But it is a reason, and you have to understand the reason that the problem exists in order to fix it or even contribute to a possible solution. And you can't fix it for just one side, or it all happens all over again. Spinning it one way or the other won't help. The issue is that this has been going on along time, and we all ignore it. We just say, "Ah, there's nothing we can do about it. Maybe he deserved it." Case in point, watch this one first: https://twitter.com/cangia48/status/1268380509870022657

Link fail. Could not recover.

So it's not an isolated incident where police think it's okay to kill civilians for the slightest of infractions (but they wouldn't move out of my way!!!). These are just what have been caught on camera or leaked that I found in like 5 minutes of scrolling through a single Twitter feed. This is really how some of these cops think. Do they all think like that? Of course not. However the problem is if you actually know any cops, you know they are a brotherhood. There are as always exceptions to the rule, but most of them I've met act this way, and they speak about it very openly. They'd never arrest a fellow officer for a DUI, or going 50 over in their personal car. It's not about doing the right thing for some of them, or serving and protecting. Certain jobs attract certain personality types and positions of authority, like policing tends to draw people who get off on exerting their power over others. I unfortunately decided to watch the video of the officer kneeling on the neck of George Floyd's unmoving body for many minutes. How could anyone think that is acceptable to do to another human being? Who exactly was he serving and protecting? A gas station over a counterfeit $20? The officers weren't really in any danger, certainly nothing beyond what they are trained to do. Do you really think it's not a common mentality among them? It's time to open your eyes if you're in favor of police and soldiers killing rioters and looters. The day it's okay to for our government to gun down unarmed citizens in the streets for not obeying their orders, is a day that this country has jumped the shark and there is no coming back. So please, think twice before you support that. It could be your kid or your friend's kid out there protesting and get gunned down by our own Government. Or your niece, nephew, or cousin. One day, it could even be you. This is going to affect much, just like COVID did. Tiananmen Square won't ever be forgotten, and we if we respond the same way, neither will our response. Except with more pictures and videos.

Please quit furthering this hatred and find some common ground, some compromise, regardless of who you support and vote for. Realize that just because you don't agree with their methods, it doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate reason, just as you have a legitimate reason for being upset about what they're doing. If you can find some empathy then you can help instead of hurt. The more brutal the Government gets, the more people are going to speak out and act out. This is not going to go away with force, unless it's under martial law. But that, my friends, is an ugly prospect and one I hope does not come to pass because we may never come out of it. The people in charge are going to have to actually listen and realize that things need to change, realize their prejudiced/racist views, and fix them. And I mean the racist liberals and the racist conservatives. All of them, they exist on both sides, though not every one one both sides is a racist. And all of the people of the USA. Unless you're perfectly okay with people living in our country that you yourself would not want to be treated as. That video said it all better than I can.

And don't forget this one. How dare he ride his bike. Wweren't people upset about perceived inability to die bikes during the pandemic lockdowns?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1268366550475603969

That is all. Have a nice night, and I hope everyone tries on a different point of view.

DISCLAIMER: Just to be very clear, I do not condone the violence on any side. I could post some videos of rioters throwing stuff at cops and cops returning force, but Tgo has already supplied several of those. Anyone committing acts of violence are not helping anyone's cause. Just in case anyone wants to try and say I'm okay with protesters attacking cops, I most definitely am not. Both sides should be represented though. I also think the 'squad' is pretty far out there.
    First link: Get the fuck out of the way.
    Second link: Dumb old white bitches lecturing people on their whiteness is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
    Third link: Get the fuck out of the way.
    Fourth link: Gonna need more context on what is happening.

First link: Get the fuck out of the way.
    Second link: Dumb old white bitches lecturing people on their whiteness is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
    Third link: Get the fuck out of the way.
    Fourth link: Gonna need more context on what is happening.
    Wow. I honestly don't know what to say if you think that's okay. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but damn I sure hope your views don't represent the majority in this country.

Oh, I found something. So, when this happened, should police have shown up and pulled people out of their cars, run them over, and shot them? Or it's okay because it was people who feel the same way as you for protesting for THEIR rights?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...html#gsc.tab=0

Also, would you have stood up when she asked the question? She wasn't lecturing them on their whiteness, she was making an appeal to realize that ignoring what is happening doesn't fix the problem, and we all do know there's a problem.
    Last edited by Blazar; 06-04-2020 at 07:58 PM.