Page 56 of 199 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd killing and the aftermath

Listen to this Karen complain about a bunch of white women cleaning graffiti off a federal building.

"Why are you removing black lives matter graffiti?! You don't care about black lives!! Way to use your white privilege!"

https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/stat...467475968?s=20

Yup, nothing political going on with these riots.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-04-2020 at 09:52 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrim View Post
    I'm not about taking sides, but people keep bringing up the economy and how much Trump did to make it grow, so I feel the need to add some feedback there.

I work in the financial sector and all of the rate reductions he was pushing for to keep the economy stimulated are now having the negative impact that many predicted. Super low rates during a spending crisis like we are seeing with the Covid-19 fallout has two major impacts on banks. First, spending is way down, and with that comes a massive reduction in fee revenue, one of the main things that keep banks afloat. Second, due to the financial uncertainly that many families are facing we are seeing unprecedented amounts of people refinancing loans. What this means for banks is a huge loss in projected income, as they receive payoffs for loans that might have been on the books for another 10 years at 4%. So budgeting and projections are all askew. Many institutions are facing the problem of not being able to pay dividends to account holders because they are suddenly operating in the red, and it takes Fed approval to pay dividends when you are in the negative.

The point of this is, artificially stimulating the economy by reducing rates was something that everyone said was a bad thing. Trump ignored this and continued to harass the Fed and try to impose his will on them. His inexperience with the reality behind how the financial sector truly works and his unwillingness to listen to people has put us in a really bad spot. Stocks may be up, but the sector backing consumer lending is seeing the warning signs of seriously bad times on the very near horizon.

So while on the surface the economy still seems like its not in hot water, there are a lot of things brewing that people are not aware of that spell danger.

I do not think that this was ever Trump's intention. But unintended consequences can be real. And at this point there does not appear to be a fix for what we are headed towards.
    This is neither entirely fair nor accurate. The Fed fund rate rose steadily throughout Trump's tenure, rising .25 a consecutive 8 times for a cumulative rate increase of 2.0% from December 2017 with the final increase on December 20, 2018. Rate decreases then began on August 1 2019 with a series of three .25 drops through October, intended to combat stagnating inflation and spur growth, both of which were dramatically realized. These decisions are not made by the President, and rightly so.

Rates were not cut again until March 2020 when the scope of the pandemic was glaringly unmasked. To suggest that this response was ill-advised is to look back without perspective. Like it or not, how the Fed handled this crisis will likely go down in future textbooks as the go-to model.

History of Fed rate changes here: https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...openmarket.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    And if you use the actions of others to justify yours, as opposed to principlex and morals, you are submitting to them and admitting that they have the power to change you
    Know who else is using the actions of others to justify theirs? The rioters.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Have you all heard about Biden's plan to stop police brutality?

Cops should be trained to shoot people in the leg instead of the chest when they charge at them.

Trump might as well just pack it up and drop out already, Biden has solved police brutality AND racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    https://twitter.com/LegendaryEnergy/...054177793?s=20

Check out time4fun here telling a black woman she is oppressed and she should be ashamed for not recognizing it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I'm going to go take a picture of my chinese neighbors ricer with blacked out windows and share. He parks it in his driveway.

Also, dude, free gas.
    Hah, the free gas was my first thought. That's enough to get through a summer of mowing! Still scary stuff. They've only caught a small number if these guys, which is really unfortunate. We need to learn as much as possible about who they are and how they're organized.

Also tinted windows is one thing, spray painted black side windows is another. I have little doubt the truck was either stolen or will be claimed to have been stolen. The FBI is actively soliciting leads to chase down traveling instigators. Hopefully they have some success.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 06-04-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Who cares what people said? Some dipshit reporter said he got PTSD because he pulled the trigger of an AR-15 once.

Again watch the video, the police aren't wearing gas masks. You really think the police fired tear gas then rushed into the area moments later without gas masks then a few minutes after that the president walked through the area?
    I wanna see them start using the strongest stink bombs on the planet, just to see how people react.

I bet at least some will be like...

Blog Entries

If you yell loud enough and wave your arms in virtue, the entire world will forget that you obtained your wealth by oppressing 90% of the population for 100's of years.

They may even forget that you funded the confederacy.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 06-04-2020 at 10:45 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Time4fun in several posts exposed how extremely racist it is. Like, more than even that white dude who thought he was a skinhead or nazi sympathizer or white supremist was from WAY back in the day. Goddamn I can't remember his name. He always posted pictures of himself in a wifebeater.

Anyway, T4F not only called a poster racist after he simply said the rioting was offensive, it then said based on his WRITINGS it could discern he was black. Liberal virtue signaling racists are the WORST type of racist. Nice job T4F for winning.
    Ben

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Ben
    Yep, that was him!
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal