Thread: Arrow/Bolt Bundles and Bless/E-Blade

Default Arrow/Bolt Bundles and Bless/E-Blade

So what is the best way now to get a good amount of charges for eblade or bless on the new arrow bundles? I've tried to get the charges up but the only way to do this seems to be to bless a new bundle and that can only be done once. Is there a way to stack bless and eblade casts like before that I'm just not figuring out? Or are the new bundles simply limited to a single cast?

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Stacking eblades/blesses?

I have never heard of that. You bless a weapon, and get 999 swings (or whatever), and when those run out, you need to get a new bless. My suggestion would be to carry like 4 ammo bundles, which would be 3,996 swings, yes? When one runs out, throw it on the ground, and move on to the next one.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Stacking eblades/blesses?

I have never heard of that. You bless a weapon, and get 999 swings (or whatever), and when those run out, you need to get a new bless. My suggestion would be to carry like 4 ammo bundles, which would be 3,996 swings, yes? When one runs out, throw it on the ground, and move on to the next one.
    you didn't magically get 999 swings for blessing / eblading a bundle. You got the same number of shots blessing / eblading a melee weapon. But if your character doing the bless / eblade would normally give 400 swings, you could split your bundle into 3 parts, bless / eblade all 3, bundle them back together and the charges would combined and you would have 999 charges (it's actually like 998 is the max).

I don't know if the same works now, you can still split and rebundle arrows. If i was really worried about it i would just carry a couple bundles and do whatever to each of them, when one wears out just change my ready ammo. If you are using a blessable bow you can also do that so if you setup both the arrows + bow and it should use up the arrow charges, then when they expire start going through the bow charges.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-28-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

"An item can be blessed for a maximum of 998 uses."

https://gswiki.play.net/Bless_(304)

Just get your bundles did by a really highly trained cleric (don't forget to 1604 them first), and each bundle will have the 998 uses.

I don't think there are any tricks to get to 998 blesses other than getting help from a high level cleric (and 1604'ing first). I think that's what Don Quixote was saying.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    you didn't magically get 999 swings for blessing / eblading a bundle. You got the same number of shots blessing / eblading a melee weapon. But if your character doing the bless / eblade would normally give 400 swings, you could split your bundle into 3 parts, bless / eblade all 3, bundle them back together and the charges would combined and you would have 999 charges (it's actually like 998 is the max).

I don't know if the same works now, you can still split and rebundle arrows. If i was really worried about it i would just carry a couple bundles and do whatever to each of them, when one wears out just change my ready ammo. If you are using a blessable bow you can also do that so if you setup both the arrows + bow and it should use up the arrow charges, then when they expire start going through the bow charges.
    You can't bundle them back together to restack the charges anymore.

What gilchristr said was the best way. Get a high level bless or eblade on multiple bundles. Unlike normal weapon users, ranged has a significant advantage in that you can easily carry 4 or 5 bundles of arrows/bolts and have blesses for days. If you want flares to be constant, add flares to your bow or crossbow. The best aspect of this is that if you have a flaring bow or crossbow, you can still hit undead since the bless on your arrow/bolt will continue to override the flares on your bow (ammo takes priority).

6. Default

Dont forget you can buy fletchings and have them applied to your bundles

Yeah, but the flaring fletching also have a charge limitation apparently. You get a certain # of charges based on the # of fletchings, so that ends up being expensive vs just getting eblades.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-29-2020 at 04:07 PM.

The formula for weapons now just applies the same flat number of shot per bundle then? So 20 + 3x MnE ranks? And arrows no longer get the bonus to AS from eblade, just the flares, correct?

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.