Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter Fact Checks Trump

Seran.... another retard is entering the ring...

You better buckle up, Buttercup.

Welcome back, time4fun!!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    While I get this sentiment to an extent, the problem with it is that if you run with this it means that anyone who has lied prolifically on Twitter up to this point becomes functionally immune to fact checking. (Because they weren't fact checked previously)

In reality, Twitter picked this statement because it is consistent with their misinformation efforts up to this point. They've focused on election interference by hostile State actors. They've literally been hauled into Congress to testify about what they're doing to stop State actors from manipulating elections through their platform.

Trump was spreading misinformation to do just that.

There was nothing arbitrary about the decision, and it really was done because they felt they had the "cover" of consistency
    Look at time4fun jump through those hoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I think that is media over-saturation that is causing this perspective you have. What you are hearing these days is "Twitter's First Fact Check" of the president's tweets. In truth, there were other fact checks and markers placed, well before.

The Twitter policy was announced Feb 4, 2020 and went into effect 30 days later on March 5, 2020. Facebook published a like policy late 2019. Twitter first made big news when it tagged what it claims was a manipulated video from the White House Director of Social Media posted on March 7th. Facebook quickly followed suit on this particular video. And that is around the first time that I recall hearing about how unfair it is that conservative voices are being shut out.

What I find amusing presently is that Twitter is kicking out fact-check markers all over the place now, on a broad spectrum. I am sure the left will support the view that correctly applying the artificial intelligence to function properly would take time, while the right will evangelize the blatant targeting of its presence and reach beyond the "fake-news media with the facts" that our president has insisted is the only reason he uses Twitter for.

There is one grain of truth in all of that, in that Twitter is testing and applying the applicability of its policies and automation on those accounts with the broadest reach and appeal as "a public service". This undoubtedly must include our very prominent-tweeting president. In an odd way, the president could claim to be important enough to Twitter to be fact-checked as a badge of honor.
    We're within six months of our nations Presidential election and following the manipulation of foreign actors in our elections in 2016, social media is finally stepping up to the plate. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, they've all been deleting thousands of accounts belonging to obvious social manipulation programs belonging to Russian groups within their country and in the African Continent. Now we have claims by the President that China is acting to support Biden, if this is true than a service is owed to prevent the same manipulation being engaged on behalf of the President by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    We're within six months of our nations Presidential election and following the manipulation of foreign actors in our elections in 2016, social media is finally stepping up to the plate. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, they've all been deleting thousands of accounts belonging to obvious social manipulation programs belonging to Russian groups within their country and in the African Continent. Now we have claims by the President that China is acting to support Biden, if this is true than a service is owed to prevent the same manipulation being engaged on behalf of the President by Trump.
    There are thousands of accounts, including politicians such as Hillary Clinton, who are saying Trump and other Democrats who challenged Biden, are Russian assets yet you don’t want those accounts deleted. Weird. Almost as if you don’t really give a shit about the shit you posted but instead just want to push your agenda. You are a very weak and small man.

Now THIS IS HOW YOU DEFEND THE BELT!

Well done.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Or how about 3) I, Soyran, am a massive retard.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

We've known for some time that State actors have been abusing social media platforms to spread misinformation to the American people for their own political benefit.

Instead of being angry at Twitter for trying to stop it, maybe you should be angry that your own President is one of those State actors.
    Is the Russia investigation heating up yet though?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Now THIS IS HOW YOU DEFEND THE BELT!

Well done.
    LOL
    A second career as a sports commentator?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

And then, there is this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKBN2350UC

Twitter hid a tweet by U.S. President Donald Trump behind a warning for the first time on Friday, accusing him of breaking its rules by "glorifying violence"

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yup. Meanwhile there are verified accounts on Twitter right now calling for violent riots all over the US whose tweets haven't been silenced yet. No bias going on here!