Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Move the Republican Convention?

Lightbulb Move the Republican Convention?

North Carolina's governor should guarantee Trump that he will be able to fill up the arena to full capacity in August, no matter what.

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

President Donald Trump said he is moving the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, hours after N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper said he couldn't guarantee that the August event would be at full capacity due to the coronavirus.

More...

Where will it move? To a state that Trump thought he would easily win but where Biden appears to be leading or close behind.

State of Confusion, maybe Xanadu or Lemuria. Not sure where he'll bluff next.

I live in NC and I was glad to hear about Cooper telling the cheeto no. The MAGA crowd sure is unhappy about it though, I guess they'll have to get their sycophantic fix elsewhere. They're so sad and shunned in the reddit comments, it's hilarious. Like they just got friend-zoned, only they know they're not going to be friends.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I live in NC and I was glad to hear about Cooper telling the cheeto no. The MAGA crowd sure is unhappy about it though, I guess they'll have to get their sycophantic fix elsewhere. They're so sad and shunned in the reddit comments, it's hilarious. Like they just got friend-zoned, only they know they're not going to be friends.
    Yeah nothing political going on with the Wuhan virus at all!

He says the Republicans can't hold their convention in NC because of the Wuhan virus then immediately afterwards he joins hundreds of protesters. Nothing political here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah nothing political going on with the Wuhan virus at all!

He says the Republicans can't hold their convention in NC because of the Wuhan virus then immediately afterwards he joins hundreds of protesters. Nothing political here!
    Just clarifying: Cooper said that the convention could in fact still be held here with parameters including masks, limitations on #s of people in a room, social distancing, etc.. POTUS demanded the full convention center, no masks, and no limitation on groups of people all while NC's Covid 19 numbers have still yet to reach a peak. For the last 7 days NC has had record breaking hospital admissions and deaths, and is still climbing the mountain in terms of the virus curve.

Additionally, when Cooper joined the protesters, he wore a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Just clarifying: Cooper said that the convention could in fact still be held here with parameters including masks, limitations on #s of people in a room, social distancing, etc.. POTUS demanded the full convention center, no masks, and no limitation on groups of people all while NC's Covid 19 numbers have still yet to reach a peak. For the last 7 days NC has had record breaking hospital admissions and deaths, and is still climbing the mountain in terms of the virus curve.

Additionally, when Cooper joined the protesters, he wore a mask.
    Isn't the convention still months away? The NC governor is still predicting these measures will be needed in 3 months?

So we need all of these measures in 3 months, but going out right now in throngs of people to protest is okay as long as they wear masks.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.

What about Minneapolis? That would be bold.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    What about Minneapolis? That would be bold.
    Clyder actually made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Isn't the convention still months away? The NC governor is still predicting these measures will be needed in 3 months?

So we need all of these measures in 3 months, but going out right now in throngs of people to protest is okay as long as they wear masks.
    Nope. No predictions from the Governor. Just an unwillingness to commit that by the time the RNC comes around there will be a guarantee of no restrictions. Seems fairly reasonable considering NCs #s currently.