Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Move the Republican Convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Nope. No predictions from the Governor. Just an unwillingness to commit that by the time the RNC comes around there will be a guarantee of no restrictions. Seems fairly reasonable considering NCs #s currently.
    What's wrong with NC's numbers? Their number of cases per capita is half of what the US total is, they are 34 in the number of deaths per capita, and they had 400 new cases and 13 new deaths yesterday. I could understand if we were talking like NY or NJ numbers here, but NC has been one of the least hit states in the country.

Nope. No predictions from the Governor. Just an unwillingness to commit that by the time the RNC comes around there will be a guarantee of no restrictions. Seems fairly reasonable considering NCs #s currently.
    Maybe he's not interested in guaranteeing something he can't control. Alternatively he could write a guarantee that's not worth the paper it's written on and they could all pretend.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    What's wrong with NC's numbers? Bla bla bla stuff I don't know anything about.
    The #s are on the rise, and the rate of increase is... increasing.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/

Charlotte observer has a nice graph on it.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

The #s are on the rise, and the rate of increase is... increasing.
    Except they're not.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/cases

May 30th: +1,185 cases
    May 31st: +916 cases
    June 1st: +674 cases
    June 2nd: +626 cases
    June 3rd: +888 cases

Also worth noting the percent of positive tests:

May 29th: 10%
    Every day since then: 8%

The slight uptick in cases on June 3rd could also be partially explained by the fact that on June 3rd the state conducted 14,342 tests and on May 30th they only conducted 12,566. More tests performed would tend to lead to more positive results.

Let's also talk about hospitalization rates: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/hospitalizations

On May 25th there were 627 hospitalizations and the number has fluctuated slightly since then but largely has remained unchanged up until today with 684 hospitalizations.

This is nowhere near NY level numbers.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-03-2020 at 05:30 PM.

It's funny how you say it's all declining, while this graph indicates the opposite

It's funny how you say it's all declining, while this graph indicates the opposite

All of the stats I quoted came directly from the NC Department of Health and Human services.

Do you not see the trend? Still increasing. Still not a good idea to hold a large event with thousands of people all crowded into a small space where they're encouraged to not wear masks or social distance.

Blog Entries

AZ is increasing too. We had a spike of 1000+ new cases two days ago. Yesterday was 900+, and the 30th was almost 800. The next biggest spike was in early May at about 600. Fuck it, just look for yourself.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Where will it move? To a state that Trump thought he would easily win but where Biden appears to be leading or close behind.

Now we know! The latest Florida poll shows Biden leading Trump there by 3 points, within the margin or error. Trump cannot afford to lose Florida.

It won't all be in Florida. They are splitting it between North Carolina and Florida. Some things will be in each state. Ingenious. Can't possibly fail.

Certain People have pointed out that Trump scheduled his acceptance speech in Jacksonville on the anniversary Ax Handle Saturday. You may never have heard of it, but in a few days you'll act like of course you knew it.