Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mana Formula Updated! 5/23/2020

Default Mana Formula Updated! 5/23/2020

GS4-Naijin

The mana formula has been updated to scale faster at lower Harness Power Ranks and then taper off to current values at 100 ranks. The new formula is Starting Mana + Harness Power Ranks (capped at level) + Harness Power Skill Bonus. Of particular note, all characters under 100 will notice an improvement in maximum mana.

This message was originally posted in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics, Developer's Corner. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ents/view/3590

2. Default

This was a significant change. I've noticed it most on my younger bard who can now keep up all the buff songs I want and have the mana to use 1002 and 1008 regularly when hunting. Good dev.

Blog Entries

Awesome change. My empath was *just* starting to use bone shatter to hunt, but couldn't fry off the 100 or so mana he had. Now he's got 160 mana. I think some of my guys are still overtrained in HP from the GS3 days, lol.
    Last edited by Taernath; 05-24-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Love the change. Much younger characters are able to actually hunt like they should be able to instead of killing 4-5 things and needing mana. My mids are able to use better spells where I had to be more reserved before. Delighted with the improvements the game has seen in the past few months. I hope they keep it up.

Savants! :P

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Blog Entries

Mana bread gives +5 to max mana now while under its effect.

There was something else that brought me up to 210 (from 160) at a dreavening, but I wasn't able to pin down what it was. It faded when meditation did. Anyone know?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Mana bread gives +5 to max mana now while under its effect.

There was something else that brought me up to 210 (from 160) at a dreavening, but I wasn't able to pin down what it was. It faded when meditation did. Anyone know?
    Just tested my bread and it's still giving +50 mana.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Just tested my bread and it's still giving +50 mana.
    Oh, so it's your godbread that does it. Does it use lore or spell ranks or something?

Oh, so it's your godbread that does it. Does it use lore or spell ranks or something?
    Blessing lore ranks gives a boost to max mana from manna bread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Blessing lore ranks gives a boost to max mana from manna bread.
    Is that new? I swear to god I've used mana bread on my own and at dreavenings before but never gotten that boost.

Is that new? I swear to god I've used mana bread on my own and at dreavenings before but never gotten that boost.
    Been around for a while to my knowledge. I just recently boosted Dreaven's blessing lore ranks about a month ago.