Thread: Bard Sonic Weapon Question

Default Bard Sonic Weapon Question

Just got Sonic weapon but i can only cast one weapon it wont let me cast one for each hand. If that is the case what do you all wield in your other hand or just use gloves of some type? Also do you still need to get a sonic weapon blessed?
    Last edited by Ulrack; 05-15-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries

1. I use gloves and boots and a sonic cestus and it works nicely when using UAC mechanics
    2. Sonic weapons are "blessed" but when used against undead will only be +10 and will not flare
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

If you're using a cestus and gloves, which does it take into account when attacking?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    If you're using a cestus and gloves, which does it take into account when attacking?
    You mean the UAF versus AS? I use the UAC verbs (jab/punch/grapple) etc. and it uses the UAC combat system. because of the cestus I take a minor hit to my MM because of the cestus but for everything it offers it is negligible and the benefits are amazing
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

but against undead at level 12 it seems that my 2 4x blessed Cestus work much better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrack View Post
    but against undead at level 12 it seems that my 2 4x blessed Cestus work much better.
    Yes or blessed gloves/boots. I was Voln for the first 40 but now that I switched to GoS I bypass any undead to hunt.
    Last edited by Orthin; 05-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

The only things weapons do when using UAC is raise the damage factor of your jab/punch/kick etc. by a small amount in exchange for a MM penalty. Using two doubles that bonus as well as the penalty. MM is the primary factor in how successful you are at hitting opponents, so do not be fooled by higher UAS numbers as those pale in comparison to your MM's importance. Also using gloves while wielding a sonic UAC weapon halves the flare chance.

In short, UAC weapons are bad, but if you are going to use them as a bard only use one and ditch your gloves.

UAC weapons are so bad you will never see a non-Bard using them.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Keep in mind that wearing gloves and using a sonic weapon for UAC will halve the flare rate on your sonic weapon. It is often better, unless your gloves are incredible, to just use the sonic cestus and not cut your flare rate in half. This flare rate issue is only for UAC. If you want to TWC swing weapons, then you can only have 1 sonic weapon at a time, and your off-hand would not be sonic. You would want your sonic weapon in the MH since it cannot be disarmed, and any attempt to disarm you will target the sonic weapon over the OH weapon making you immune to disarm.

Another reason to wear gloves for UAC and halve the flare rate is to gain ensorcell flares since sonic weapons cannot be ensorcelled.