Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTTPS?

Default HTTPS?

Any chance this site will ever be made HTTPS? Keeping it as HTTP only is putting your users at risk and is pretty irresponsible. If it's a time/money thing, I'm sure myself or others in the community would be willing to help out. Certainly appreciate the site, and have used it for many hears, but the HTTP factor has always given me concern. Standard best practice is for any site that has authentication also uses HTTPS for encryption.

I seriously hope for the safety of the users of this site, that they don't use a password that they use here on any other sites, because it is being sent in clear text and can be very easily compromised.

Aha, so that's how that hacker who accessed my webcam and got a recording of me watching naughty videos was able to send me an email with my password as the subject!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Any chance this site will ever be made HTTPS? Keeping it as HTTP only is putting your users at risk and is pretty irresponsible. If it's a time/money thing, I'm sure myself or others in the community would be willing to help out. Certainly appreciate the site, and have used it for many hears, but the HTTP factor has always given me concern. Standard best practice is for any site that has authentication also uses HTTPS for encryption.

I seriously hope for the safety of the users of this site, that they don't use a password that they use here on any other sites, because it is being sent in clear text and can be very easily compromised.
    then don't use it. You shouldn't use the same pw across multiple sites regardless.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-07-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    then don't use it. You shouldn't use the same pw across multiple sites regardless.
    How else am I supposed to remember my password?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Do what I do and save a word document to your desktop named passwords. Then I have them all in one place. I also email the document to myself just in case I accidentally delete the document from my desktop.
    Last edited by Orthin; 05-07-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Use a password database program: KeePass, LastPass, 1Pass, etc... all work, with just needing to remember one password to rule them all. (I suggest KeePass, personally, I've been using it for just about a decade now, and it's been a internet-saver many a time over.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Do what I do and save a word document to your desktop named passwords. Then I have them all in one place. I also email the document to myself just in case I accidentally delete the document from my desktop.
    This is 'okay'... at the best, really bad password security at the worst, especially if your email gets hacked, or your desktop. Better to use an encrypted password manager like the ones I mentioned above.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Blog Entries

I just forget password every time and create new ones daily ok?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Hasn't been a problem for 17 years now, so I'm pretty sure we will be ok. I doubt there's anything to gain by hacking a forum about a 30 year old text game. The only exception might be perhaps some of the really mentally ill retards from GS, which would really just be drama and nothing else.

You're supposed to name it NOT PASSWORDS so hackers won't look through it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

my password is pw4gsivplayerscorner
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Hasn't been a problem for 17 years now, so I'm pretty sure we will be ok. I doubt there's anything to gain by hacking a forum about a 30 year old text game. The only exception might be perhaps some of the really mentally ill retards from GS, which would really just be drama and nothing else.

You're supposed to name it NOT PASSWORDS so hackers won't look through it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible