Thread: 92 Warrior Advice? Tips?

Default 92 Warrior Advice? Tips?

My warrior is 92 and I've been getting destroyed the last three places I've tried to hunt (Rift, OTF, Nelemar). I'm in GOS so I can do warcamps but it gets boring. Mainly the issue is when I get swarmed I'll be dead in no time, or I get voided when I can't disable the right things fast enough. I get lucky to kill a couple critters and then have to run out of there before I die.

Generally I feint and then mstrike/kill, or berserk if it starts getting hairy. Berserk can work fine, especially in warcamps, but in Nelemar I'll die if something undead pops in and I'm using my claid, and OTF and Rift I die from being swarmed with turtled things casting at me. I get spell burst whenever I try having any spells on in OTF or Nelemar, and without them I just get lit up.

Maybe I need a new strategy? New equipment? New cmans? Reroll because there's nothing I can do? Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm bonded to a mithril claidhmore and I have a perfect +32 maul with 4 CER crit weighting for undead. I have 7x plate with 9 CER crit and 1 CER damage padding.

Code:
    Strength (STR)...... 96 (33) 
    Constitution (CON).. 97 (33) 
    Dexterity (DEX)..... 97 (23) 
    Agility (AGI)....... 97 (28) 
    Discipline (DIS).... 98 (24) 
    Aura (AUR).......... 99 (24) 
    Logic (LOG)......... 99 (14) 
    Intuition (INT)..... 88 (19) 
    Wisdom (WIS)........ 99 (19) 
    Influence (INF)..... 93 (16) 

Armor Use.............. 250 150
    Combat Maneuvers....... 288 188
    Two-Handed Weapons..... 288 188
    Multi Opponent Combat.. 235 135
    Physical Fitness....... 358 258
    Dodging................ 288 188
    Harness Power.......... 70  15
    Perception............. 194 94
    Climbing............... 150 50
    Swimming............... 160 60

Combat Focus.......... 5
    Subdual Strike........ 2
    Specialization I...... 3
    Weapon Bonding........ 5
    Combat Mobility....... 2
    Surge of Strength..... 5
    Cunning Defense....... 5
    Stance of the Mongoose 3

Which Rift plane(s) have you tried? Might try 3 or even the Bowels.

The early 90s were the worst for me as a warrior. I think I powered through a couple levels at a DR to make it easier. Otherwise you can try forging or something. Once you hit 94-95 you should be good again. I then hunted nelemar or reim most of the time at that point (voln master)

I berserk all the time (need some decent stamina recovery enhancives to do it). I would also drop surge of strength and run nata quest a few time to get max strength emhancives instead. You can use those Cman points for tainted bond or parry mastery (which pairs great with mongoose).

Up your MOC if you are going to berserk fulltime. I think I got 190 ranks about your level for lots of focused attacks.

I would also switch to a maul fulltime bonded. Claids are good for youngins who can just barely hit a target not a almost capped warrior.

After cap, I got 1x Miu and as to help with spellburst.

Happy to talk more if you have questions. Reach out to me here or in game as lexbubba
    Last edited by lexbubba; 06-01-2020 at 11:18 PM.

4. Default

My warrior is around the same level and has almost the exact same training style and similar cmans. I have been in the rift since I was level 80 and hunt without spells aside from symbol of courage and protection without any trouble. I berserked my way through planes 1-3 but had to change things up on plane 5. On 5 I mostly feint and ambush heads and occasionally use warcries for crowd control and things are working well. Berserking into a room with an open void from a vaesplion can suck.

I did have some success in the Bowels -- I forgot about that hunting ground to be honest. Maybe I'll head back there.

I haven't tried plane 3 yet either. I spent all my time on plane 5 and couldn't disable the vaespilons fast enough to survive without a hunting partner or two.

I did some forging but man is that boring. I think I'm going to spend more time in warcamps (and maybe the Bowels) to get up to 94 then try nelemar again.

Thanks for the suggestions re: cmans and the claid/maul. I've started the process of bonding with the maul and it does seem to be an improvement over the claid in warcamps. That extra second of roundtime reduction on mstrikes is helpful.