Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Totalitarian Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    They violate several constitutional rights and legal principles like innocent until proven guilty, right to face your accuser, unlawful search and seizure, just to name a few. Literally, it's happened in the US, your neighbor or some fucktard on social media can go to the court, say "I'm scared" and they can raid your house, search the whole place and seize any firearms and ammunition you might have. Then you have to hire a lawyer, go to court and prove you are innocent. Literally the exact opposite of everything our country stands for. In the mean time, the government has documented everything you have even if it was not documented in a registry elsewhere, prosecuted you for any other "crimes" they may find and we all know the government is of so careful about taking care of your property and returning it to you in the original condition. That is all assuming you aren't killed in the raid by some over zealous or cowardly asshole cop.

People have been killed by police over these illegal laws while the lawsuits to end them meander through the courts. It's worse than the Twitch and Youtube streamers getting SWATed by some fucking retard because when you file false charges with the cops, you can go to jail over it and people have. With these, there's no recourse, just the court saying "Sorry, my bad, here is what's left of your personal property and rights back, take a hike and don't let it happen again." It's the moral equivalent of turning in your neighbors over personal distancing violations and only slightly less reprehensible than turning over Jews to Nazis.

And Crenshaw has walked back his support of them though it is still my biggest gripe with him.
    Look at the history of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders or Child Protective Service rescues and you'll see that a little precaution is the best way to save lives. If a law enforcement has reasonable cause to suspect someone is a threat to themselves or others, temporarily removing their ability to use firearms to commit heinous acts is a small price to pay to prevent murder or mass murder.

Your citation of the Nazi genocide is repugnant. The mass slaughter of innocent men, women and children is in no way whatsoever comparable to law enforcement saving lives in removing guns from potentially deadly situations. A more apt comparison is a court revoking someone's passport to prevent someone from leaving the country during a criminal trial. It may not stop them altogether, but you make it more difficult to flee justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    They violate several constitutional rights and legal principles like innocent until proven guilty, right to face your accuser, unlawful search and seizure, just to name a few. Literally, it's happened in the US, your neighbor or some fucktard on social media can go to the court, say "I'm scared" and they can raid your house, search the whole place and seize any firearms and ammunition you might have. Then you have to hire a lawyer, go to court and prove you are innocent. Literally the exact opposite of everything our country stands for. In the mean time, the government has documented everything you have even if it was not documented in a registry elsewhere, prosecuted you for any other "crimes" they may find and we all know the government is of so careful about taking care of your property and returning it to you in the original condition. That is all assuming you aren't killed in the raid by some over zealous or cowardly asshole cop.

People have been killed by police over these illegal laws while the lawsuits to end them meander through the courts. It's worse than the Twitch and Youtube streamers getting SWATed by some fucking retard because when you file false charges with the cops, you can go to jail over it and people have. With these, there's no recourse, just the court saying "Sorry, my bad, here is what's left of your personal property and rights back, take a hike and don't let it happen again." It's the moral equivalent of turning in your neighbors over personal distancing violations and only slightly less reprehensible than turning over Jews to Nazis.

And Crenshaw has walked back his support of them though it is still my biggest gripe with him.
    In our state, you don't even have to convince a judge that you may potentially be a threat to yourself or others at some point in the future. Just convince any cop, and boom, your guns are confiscated. If your cop is a friend, you could get anyone's guns taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Look at the history of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders or Child Protective Service rescues and you'll see that a little precaution is the best way to save lives. If a law enforcement has reasonable cause to suspect someone is a threat to themselves or others, temporarily removing their ability to use firearms to commit heinous acts is a small price to pay to prevent murder or mass murder.

Your citation of the Nazi genocide is repugnant. The mass slaughter of innocent men, women and children is in no way whatsoever comparable to law enforcement saving lives in removing guns from potentially deadly situations. A more apt comparison is a court revoking someone's passport to prevent someone from leaving the country during a criminal trial. It may not stop them altogether, but you make it more difficult to flee justice.
    Damn, you are one massively retarded retard with retardation. Let's all hope you never figure out how to breed. Fortunately, judging from your posts, that appears a remote possibility at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I can't remember, how many days was Trump on the docket to testify? You scream about Dems wasting time, but he wasn't a part of the impeachment process at all so you'll need a better excuse than he was busy with impeachment.
    My only thing is this, he claims the Democrats wasted time during a pandemic on impeachment, I said well he wasted time with golfing, his response? There were only 541 cases, nothing serious. Fine, when the Dems were wasting time with impeachment, only 541 cases as well, nothing serious. .
    He also can’t have it both ways as well. He was running through the country playing golf and doing campaign rallies.

Then he tries to compare it to now. 541 cases, economy booming to 1.5m+ cases and the economy in shambles. The situation is completely different.

If you give Trump a free pass and an excuse, the Dems should get one as well.
    Last edited by Solkern; 05-21-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I can't remember, how many days was Trump on the docket to testify? You scream about Dems wasting time, but he wasn't a part of the impeachment process at all so you'll need a better excuse than he was busy with impeachment.
    Why would he testify?

Also I didn't say HE was busy with impeachment, I said DEMOCRATS were busy with impeachment. You really gotta work on your reading comprehension. It's pretty piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post

You’re a stupid asshole that needs to go eat 10 dick sandwiches.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Damn, you are one massively retarded retard with retardation. Let's all hope you never figure out how to breed. Fortunately, judging from your posts, that appears a remote possibility at best.
    This is correct.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    My only thing is this, he claims the Democrats wasted time during a pandemic on impeachment, I said well he wasted time with golfing, his response? There were only 541 cases, nothing serious. Fine, when the Dems were wasting time with impeachment, only 541 cases as well, nothing serious. .
    He also can’t have it both ways as well. He was running through the country playing golf and doing campaign rallies.

Then he tries to compare it to now. 541 cases, economy booming to 1.5m+ cases and the economy in shambles. The situation is completely different.

If you give Trump a free pass and an excuse, the Dems should get one as well.
    How long does a round of golf take vs. an impeachment trial?

Hint: One is measured in hours, the other is measured in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How long does a round of golf take vs. an impeachment trial?

Hint: One is measured in hours, the other is measured in weeks.
    Not to mention the costs involved.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Not to mention the costs involved.
    Even a round at St. Andrew's is only about $300. All the costs of that impeachment and related investigations probably cost us taxpayers 300 million, oh and let's not forget the attention of our government while this virus was first starting to spread. But hey, it was worth it, right?