Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Minus the Politics

1. Default

Happened to my mom almost a year ago. Thankfully we could be there. That is very sad. my mom passed massive brain bleed. I can't imagine not being able to be there with them even if they don't really know you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Oh, I should probably update.

My sister is ok. She was really bad for a week and missed a few doctor appointments (I think phone/Zoom stuff) because she couldn't bring herself to get out of bed. She recovered but says she only started feeling close to 100% a couple days ago. She isn't cleared to go back to work yet, and says it is "not just a flu".

My brother and his family managed to not get infected. They had been visiting my sister prior to her getting diagnosed, riding in the same car, hugging, etc. She held their baby for a while, too, and thought the cough she had was just allergies. Kind of a miracle.
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 07-11-2020 at 02:56 AM.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    Happened to my mom almost a year ago. Thankfully we could be there. That is very sad. my mom passed massive brain bleed. I can't imagine not being able to be there with them even if they don't really know you are there.
    I'm so sorry Beld- I can't begin to imagine what that was like.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    My condolences again, my friend.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Just found out my mom's husband has COVID. They took him into the hospital Thursday with a high fever and really low oxygen levels. He had literally tested negative on the 10th, but the hospital found he had the antibodies already. They diagnosed him with pneumonia, but the COVID test came back positive. He's a double transplant recipient on immunosuppressants who is in and out of the hospital all the time. This has been my biggest COVID nightmare scenario.

They diagnosed my mom with bronchitis, and she's been at home in bed freaking out. She was also negative on the 10th but negative on the antibodies. They did re-test her, but we still don't have results. My family has a couple of immune disorders running around, and some of us have a hard time making antibodies so antibody tests aren't always very accurate for us. We get sick a lot, especially from viral stuff. That makes me really worried for her.

Anyway, freaking out.

Writing this down helps.

Hope everyone's families are doing okay.

And if nothing else- this is just a reminder that a negative test today isn't protection against an infection tomorrow.

Blog Entries

So, it is common to have false negatives when symptoms are first detected. They'll generally tell you to return in 48 hours if symptoms persist.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-16-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So, it is common to have false negatives when symptoms are first detected. They'll generally tell you to return in 48 hours if symptoms persist.
    They had no symptoms on the 10th. They didn't kick in until like 3 days ago, then suddenly mom has bronchitis and her husband had pneumonia.

The tough part is they told us it wasn't COVID yesterday, and then they got the tests back today and say "ooops".

They're in AZ too. Things are so bad there. I'm just hoping she doesn't end up on the hospital and that he does end up coming home from the hospital.

Found out today my 94 year old Granny tested positive today while locked down in her assisted living facility. She's a pretty tough lady, but at 94, all we can do is hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Found out today my 94 year old Granny tested positive today while locked down in her assisted living facility. She's a pretty tough lady, but at 94, all we can do is hope for the best.
    She can pull right through it. My father in law is in an assisted living facility and got it last month. He pulled right through and I hope she will too.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    God I'm so sorry