Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Archery Update Design Plans

The fact that this game hasn't adhered to the whole versioning, release drops, change lists w/ details concept that any software developer in the world does is a testament to the jacked up dev environment. Though, it is nice that they can deploy these changes without major downtime to the players.

The fact that this game hasn't adhered to the whole versioning, release drops, change lists w/ details concept that any software developer in the world does is a testament to the jacked up dev environment. Though, it is nice that they can deploy these changes without major downtime to the players.
    Yeah, it's strange how well they do some things and how horrible they do others. They're able to get a lot of updates pretty often and the game has almost no downtime. But things like documentation and any sort of change log, forget about it. The new archery updates are great, but when I was trying to figure out what was going on I got a link from TownCrier to the official forum post, tried to look up changes on the wiki but it was out of date so I searched Discord, didn't feel like going through thousands of messages in hopes of finding the info I wanted, so I came to these forums, then found a link to a Google doc. In my opinion they need to put more effort into keeping the wiki up to date and not expect the player base to do it for them. Things like Discord, should be supplemental and for community interaction. They shouldn't expect players have to jump between all these different platforms.

Blog Entries

If only there were someone who could... oversee these tasks. A Task Overseer, if you will.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    It’s because the officials are monitored by Stillfront you fucking morons.
    Why are you still here?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by POWPOW View Post
    Yeah, it's strange how well they do some things and how horrible they do others. They're able to get a lot of updates pretty often and the game has almost no downtime. But things like documentation and any sort of change log, forget about it. The new archery updates are great, but when I was trying to figure out what was going on I got a link from TownCrier to the official forum post, tried to look up changes on the wiki but it was out of date so I searched Discord, didn't feel like going through thousands of messages in hopes of finding the info I wanted, so I came to these forums, then found a link to a Google doc. In my opinion they need to put more effort into keeping the wiki up to date and not expect the player base to do it for them. Things like Discord, should be supplemental and for community interaction. They shouldn't expect players have to jump between all these different platforms.
    The best is when you make a comment on the officials about lack of info provided there and that a lot of info is given out on discord that gets missed by a lot of people - then the GMs get butthurt and lash out at players......

Like when OM1E5GA posted (Post#221, on officials in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics - Weapons)
    "Why are we being forced to monitor Discord to catch any clarifications or get questions answered? Just cause I'm in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better things to do then stare at a glorified chat room all day...."

Then GS4-NAIJIN replies in the next post (Post#222)
    "All the questions you asked were answered already. Just cause Im in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better thins to do than answer questions that have already been answered..."

I don't know about others, but I've complained numerous times on the official about how the official forums are the last place to get info updated and sometimes the only updated info we do get it is from kind enough players that happened to cross post messages from Discord. I'm then met with the similar arrogant, pig-headed responses from GMs as you got from NAIJIN.

In the end we just need to remember, it's our fault we're not on Discord and seeing the useful information being posted there by GMs. (just in case you can't read into it, this last comment was sarcastic).

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    The best is when you make a comment on the officials about lack of info provided there and that a lot of info is given out on discord that gets missed by a lot of people - then the GMs get butthurt and lash out at players......

Like when OM1E5GA posted (Post#221, on officials in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics - Weapons)
    "Why are we being forced to monitor Discord to catch any clarifications or get questions answered? Just cause I'm in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better things to do then stare at a glorified chat room all day...."

Then GS4-NAIJIN replies in the next post (Post#222)
    "All the questions you asked were answered already. Just cause Im in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better thins to do than answer questions that have already been answered..."

I don't know about others, but I've complained numerous times on the official about how the official forums are the last place to get info updated and sometimes the only updated info we do get it is from kind enough players that happened to cross post messages from Discord. I'm then met with the similar arrogant, pig-headed responses from GMs as you got from NAIJIN.

In the end we just need to remember, it's our fault we're not on Discord and seeing the useful information being posted there by GMs. (just in case you can't read into it, this last comment was sarcastic).
    That's what happens when dev is run by a bunch of arrogant pricks with zero accountability in regards to anything because they effectively have no boss and can just do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-18-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    5 focused mstrikes with a bow, with 90 ranks (+45 phantom ranks):

This would have been a lot more impressive if the target wasn't still alive after taking 5 shots.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-18-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That surprised me. There are GMs I would expect that sort of crap from but Naijin has been pretty cool. Of course most of that has been on....you guessed it....Discord.

There needs to be something like this page https://www.play.net/gs4/info/spells...l_infusion.asp on the website, and then copied to the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    That surprised me. There are GMs I would expect that sort of crap from but Naijin has been pretty cool. Of course most of that has been on....you guessed it....Discord.

There needs to be something like this page https://www.play.net/gs4/info/spells...l_infusion.asp on the website, and then copied to the wiki.
    That will probably happen as soon as a player volunteers to do it for them for free.

10. Default

They can’t have a boss to lay down accountability since nobody is fucking paid on staff (at least legit) so really the management is beholden to any fucked up development, balance be damned.

And Methais you suck at this game, every night I see your name flash by ... seriously you trying to play with your 1.75 cm dick or something??