Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So... How the game game been?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They announced post-cap dev and are asking for feedback and ideas for it and all that.

Big silver auction coming on March 27 too.
    Is it an auction or just a silver event?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    new ARMOR (uses armor points) spec that gives you a percentage of CvA you would have in heavier armor you could wear based on your armor ranks (so wearing robes, but trained for MBP (80 ranks) you end up with a base of -1 CvA). Also it gives a bonus to offensive CMANs you use, and gives you a chance to outright avoid spells / attacks.
    That sounds interesting but I'm not sure how useful it would be for someone in brig. I feel like Stealth or Evasion would be a better armor spec to use. Partly because putting more points into armor use isn't worth it for my character atm.

silent strike works with different attacks (unarmed) now and can be aimed
    FINALLY! I have no idea why it wasn't like that to begin with!

WAYLAY was added, it's like ambush but instead of adding crit weighting adds damage weighting. hits like a truck at cap (so good for uncrittable things)
    So I could finally fight golems and undead and not feel like I'm wasting my time. That is a nice addition.

shadow mastery buffed slightly (additional -1 second off hide so you can hide in 1 second)
    Hymore is a ambushing UCS rogue. I hide a lot so this is great. Nice!

added new cman shadow dance - first rank makes shadow mastery passive, second rank gives you a 5 minute cooldown ability where you can use some rogue cmans for free for a minute (so you can like spam silent strike, cutthroat, etc.)
    HOLY HELL! Seriously? Passive Shadow Mastery!? And I could spam silent strike? I might just switch over to silent strike from striking asp stance. 1 sec aimed punched cost 39 stamina and the stance makes them 13 stam for a small time vs 20 stam per silent strike. Not sure which is better. Might need to crunch some number and figure out which maneuver work better.

if ranged: some changes for ranged combat coming soon apparently also (making ammo mangement less cumbersome somehow, making crossbows suck less, changes to make mfire useful (specificially sounds like for uncrittable things similar to the waylay change), etc.)
    Never did ranged with Hymore but I'm happy to see crossbows getting some love. They were always weaker than bows. Ranged is strong but always had an annoying upkeep.

for forest gnomes tangentially: added acrobatic leap cman (lets you reach farther for ambush so you can hit more things in the head without proning first)
    This... could change everything. Having to leg everything (except sirens) was something that made life hard for Hymore. I have no idea what maneuvers to take now.

Those changes are amazing. What made them suddenly give rogues all this cool stuff after years of nothing? I need to crunch some numbers...
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Is it an auction or just a silver event?
    Event*

I think.

All I know is that Corn Pop was a bad dude.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-07-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    All I know is that Corn Pop was a bad dude.
    He may have been a bad dude, but he wasn't a Bad Dude. And Leroy Brown was badder.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Those changes are amazing. What made them suddenly give rogues all this cool stuff after years of nothing?
    A GM (Naijin) got hired who loves Rogues(and Squares in general) so he has done a lot of work on them recently.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    A GM (Naijin) got hired who loves Rogues(and Squares in general) so he has done a lot of work on them recently.
    I'm not sure which is more amazing, that there is a GM that loves rogues or that they hired someone new! That's wonderful news! I always felt like squares got the short end of the stick with... well everything in the game. If you didn't use magic, you were out of luck.

I think I'll pass on the paid events if I come back. Its too expensive. Even the fees to into the premium events is too much. Spend some time away from the game to let the fog clear and you realize just how overpriced this stuff is. I'll probably still do Duskruin but only because I like the arena fights. A 50 count book should be more than enough.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

I'm not sure which is more amazing, that there is a GM that loves rogues or that they hired someone new! That's wonderful news! I always felt like squares got the short end of the stick with... well everything in the game. If you didn't use magic, you were out of luck.

I think I'll pass on the paid events if I come back. Its too expensive. Even the fees to into the premium events is too much. Spend some time away from the game to let the fog clear and you realize just how overpriced this stuff is. I'll probably still do Duskruin but only because I like the arena fights. A 50 count book should be more than enough.
    He was SpiffyJr on here, and he wrote a lot of really good Lich scripts. It's common knowledge who he is, so I'm not exactly outing anyone.

But yeah, having him on staff is pretty awesome for the game as a whole.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

That sounds interesting but I'm not sure how useful it would be for someone in brig. I feel like Stealth or Evasion would be a better armor spec to use. Partly because putting more points into armor use isn't worth it for my character atm.
    it's not a huge change for brig in terms of the CvA, but the ability to outright avoid any spell cast or attack is pretty nice (you have to evade an attack first, then you have a chance to outright negate the next spell/attack after that for a short duration, has a 30 second cooldown or something). You get a % of the cva difference based on the armor you're wearing, 50% of difference for cloth, 30% leather, 10% scale. So really not much after leather.

Light armor mastery is a PASSIVE, it's not like the other ARMOR things where you can only have one on between support/fluidity/etc. So you can use evasion/stealth AND have the light armor mastery benefits (they also decreased the costs for evasion/stealth so you can more realistically learn one of the actives, plus LAM)

So I could finally fight golems and undead and not feel like I'm wasting my time. That is a nice addition.
    Waylay is REALLY good. At cap with 2x ambush and high endrolls, you can do 300+ damage on a single attack. This is not unique to rogues btw. Also note that since you're UCS, you would need to use a weapon to waylay since it isn't UCS compatible (you can waylay with your fist and still do a crap ton of damage, but it would help to use a weapon to get the dramatically increased AvD.)

Hymore is a ambushing UCS rogue. I hide a lot so this is great. Nice!
    It's very nice, i think with 3 ranks a tiny race can hit any "normal" sized thing in the head.

HOLY HELL! Seriously? Passive Shadow Mastery!? And I could spam silent strike? I might just switch over to silent strike from striking asp stance. 1 sec aimed punched cost 39 stamina and the stance makes them 13 stam for a small time vs 20 stam per silent strike. Not sure which is better. Might need to crunch some number and figure out which maneuver work better.
    And it's not that expensive, rank 1 of shadow dance (which just makes mastery passive) is only 4 CM.
    Last edited by Donquix; 03-08-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

it's not a huge change for brig in terms of the CvA, but the ability to outright avoid any spell cast or attack is pretty nice (you have to evade an attack first, then you have a chance to outright negate the next spell/attack after that for a short duration, has a 30 second cooldown or something). You get a % of the cva difference based on the armor you're wearing, 50% of difference for cloth, 30% leather, 10% scale. So really not much after leather.

Light armor mastery is a PASSIVE, it's not like the other ARMOR things where you can only have one on between support/fluidity/etc. So you can use evasion/stealth AND have the light armor mastery benefits (they also decreased the costs for evasion/stealth so you can more realistically learn one of the actives, plus LAM)

Waylay is REALLY good. At cap with 2x ambush and high endrolls, you can do 300+ damage on a single attack. This is not unique to rogues btw. Also note that since you're UCS, you would need to use a weapon to waylay since it isn't UCS compatible (you can waylay with your fist and still do a crap ton of damage, but it would help to use a weapon to get the dramatically increased AvD.)

It's very nice, i think with 3 ranks a tiny race can hit any "normal" sized thing in the head.

And it's not that expensive, rank 1 of shadow dance (which just makes mastery passive) is only 4 CM.
    You can use shadowdance (activated) and asp (martial stance) together I think

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    You can use shadowdance (activated) and asp (martial stance) together I think
    You can. And also stack shadow dance + stamina burst (or second wind, i always get them confused) and have 2 straight minutes of free rogue-stuff from hiding once an hour. Actually super handy for say, warcamps.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!