Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Ascension

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sounds cool and all, but they are currently in the brainstorming phase?
    Yes. So post cool ideas now before tards like HJFudge spam 832740923 shitty weak ideas all over the place.

We have been here before. Maybe Simu will surprise us and this system will be out in a couple of months.
    With Coase gone and Estild the apparent head of dev now, I'm gonna see what happens. Word on the mean streets of Elanthia is that a lot of the shit Estild has been catching heat for over the years was actually Coase's doing. So I guess we'll see if dev really takes things in a new direction now or if it'll just be more of the same.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-02-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I am all for this as long as there is ABSOLUTLY NO SIMUCOIN REQUIREMENT! EVER!! for any of these abilities.

They clearly are in need of square ideas. There was one warrior one on the initial list, and it was a berserk stoppage idea. Would be good to see broader representations of squares.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    So naturally, people post dumb shit like this
    GMs: "Hey give us some ideas on stuff, we're thinking like +1% resistances per rank and slightly more functionality with certain-"

Players: "PRESTIGE CLASSES WITH UNIQUE GOD TIER ABILITIES TAILORED TO MY ROLEPLAY"

Some of the stuff mentioned in the OP sounds interesting, but yeah, certain classes are lacking and some abilities are going to wind up being basically mandatory. Hope they get some good, non-munchkin ideas. It's still early days yet so I wouldn't expect anything for at least a year.

Menos and Leafiara had some great suggestions.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-02-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    They clearly are in need of square ideas. There was one warrior one on the initial list, and it was a berserk stoppage idea. Would be good to see broader representations of squares.
    Ability to use cries while berserking is one of them on the list already.

I'd like for CMs to randomly fire at no additional stam cost too, between rounds.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I think it'd be cooler if they made it an account wide skillset/pool. MAke having alts on one account make more sense, and also still allow you to progress your characters regardless of who you're playing.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    I am all for this as long as there is ABSOLUTLY NO SIMUCOIN REQUIREMENT! EVER!! for any of these abilities.
    Wyrom stated no Simucoins or any kind of P2W involved.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I like how Estild specifically said (paraphrased) "Don't worry about numbers and restrictions, we'll figure out that side of things, just give us ideas"

So naturally, people post dumb shit like this

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rner/view/1020

Meanwhile in the land of ideas that are awesome as fuck:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1625
    I just want a real crap taking ability that leaves behind actual logs that take a week or so to degrade, depending upon weather. If it doesn't rain for awhile, they need to turn white like rl ancient turds. I also want the logs to be distinctive so that when you see them, you see, "Apparently Metais has dropped a few logs here." I want to also be able to crap anywhere where a real gem might be found, like in things, behind things, under things, etc.

>l under bench
    You see some turds and are able to determine via their color and consistency that Methais has recently taken a dump here. The smell is somewhat fresh. He is probably still in the area.

Then, once you take the dump, you gain +10 Agility for the next hour.

Someone needs to copy and paste this on the officials immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Dual wield two handers
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Since this is called Ascension, how many points will it take to become an Arkati and will they retroactively give Methias enough points that I can convert my Cleric to him?