Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Simu do without the whales?

Quote Originally Posted by azim17 View Post
    I do wonder about how this ties into game balance, or if they really even worry about it? It seems to me that there are tons of new player abilities, uber items, etc. Is the company worried about the content being too easy or just mindlessly plowed through? Or is the priority to make the game easier and the players feel more powerful? I dont really have a dog in the fight either way, I enjoy the challenge and grind of GS for fun, but Im sure others feel differently.
    Game balance consists of nerfing peoples’ spells and abilities and then selling it back to idiots in the P2W shop.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

They’re in full P2W mode now though with shit like these Rift boots that went for like $20k:

>Lahke says, "Okay, I have a pair of interesting boots. They are NOT unarmed combat."
    J>Lahke says, "These boots were once owned by an assassin for hire who demanded payment for services in the form of magical blessings. They eventually passed hands after the assassin met an untimely demise, but these boots will benefit those who hunt in The Rift. These boots will not only prevent you from spellburst on entry, they will protect you from the random spell strips. There is a chance they can protect you from spirit loss, as well. They will prevent coin loss on exit from the area, but an alternative offering will suffice. Ice patches can be destroyed, as well as phylacteries, without any limit on usage."
    J>Lahke says, "7mil."
    J>Lormaek says, "Bid."
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They’re in full P2W mode now though with shit like these Rift boots that went for like $20k:

>Lahke says, "Okay, I have a pair of interesting boots. They are NOT unarmed combat."
    J>Lahke says, "These boots were once owned by an assassin for hire who demanded payment for services in the form of magical blessings. They eventually passed hands after the assassin met an untimely demise, but these boots will benefit those who hunt in The Rift. These boots will not only prevent you from spellburst on entry, they will protect you from the random spell strips. There is a chance they can protect you from spirit loss, as well. They will prevent coin loss on exit from the area, but an alternative offering will suffice. Ice patches can be destroyed, as well as phylacteries, without any limit on usage."
    J>Lahke says, "7mil."
    J>Lormaek says, "Bid."
    I absolutely cannot WAIT to see the usual suspects act like that's not a huge p2w issue.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    People combined 10x 1750 items, which means they're going to be able to cast a ton of spells in a 24hr period. You could feasibly keep up to 3 or 4 spells going for 8-12 hours a day using that item...

In the end though, this is a clear demonstration of people destroying even Simu's expectations. Wyrom was floored by the 6 and 7 mil bloodscrip sales. The highest previous sale of any single item in the past was 1 mil bloodscrip (which also greatly exceeded expectations).

What is going to really suck is when the whales set the standard in GS, and folks realize they'll never accrue enough BS as inflation continues to rise to get anything out of the event. I'm just glad I could stock up on enchanting potions this run. Might even go back and buy a few more.
    Except this is total bullshit and it shocks me at this point anyone would believe Wyrom saying obvious bullshit like this.

Warclaidh bought the relic on the first offer Wyrom made and he didn't even flinch. Now he has what at this point, over 100k worth of items on his character. He walks into the auction with what, 15m? 20m in bloodscrip on his person? maybe more? Wyrom knows all this. Puts up arguably the best possible item for a redonkulous post cap physical character, which said whale is...and he bids insanely for it? Oh my stars who could have seen this coming. Feigned ignorance and shock at this point is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The most stupidly priced item at DR might actually surprise you, but it's 100% the Chainspear certificate at 300k BS.

Like, what?

Chainspears aren't even mechanically GOOD. They are novelty fun weapons. They used to cost 60m silvers before showing up at HESS for the equivalent of 300m. And on top of that, you have to provide your own spear to be turned into a chain spear. Meanwhile if you buy ANY kind of ore, for much less BS, they forge you a fresh weapon.

I will continue to be both mad and LOL at this indefinitely.
    Indeed. The chainspear, unlock TIERS for ithzir and voln armors, etc. To me those insanely priced items are WAY more hilarious than the top end shit at the auction. If someone wants to collect gemstone items to the point it breaks the game instead of cars fine. Spending a fuck ton of money on gemstone is NOT new, the only new part is simu seizing the means of production. Shit like the unlocks on those items that were supposed to be ATTAINABLE over time for normal players and putting it behind a 500 dollar paywall i'm just like ok.....fuck off.
    Last edited by Donquix; 02-24-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The most stupidly priced item at DR might actually surprise you, but it's 100% the Chainspear certificate at 300k BS.

Like, what?

Chainspears aren't even mechanically GOOD. They are novelty fun weapons. They used to cost 60m silvers before showing up at HESS for the equivalent of 300m. And on top of that, you have to provide your own spear to be turned into a chain spear. Meanwhile if you buy ANY kind of ore, for much less BS, they forge you a fresh weapon.

I will continue to be both mad and LOL at this indefinitely.
    I dunno, I think the 1.8mil fully unlocked Karma armor is probably up there for ridiculous prices. New, "interesting", and very fluffy, but not mechanically that amazing for that much.

I wonder what Estild will nerf between now and the next DR and how much he’ll charge for the items that he puts said nerfed abilities into in their pre-nerf state or some equivalent.

If Simu has any integrity, which we all know they don’t, now would be the time to completely separate P2W dev GMs from core game dev GMs.

Estild probably jerked off like 10 times last night over Warclaidh, Meb, and Lormaek.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I dunno, I think the 1.8mil fully unlocked Karma armor is probably up there for ridiculous prices. New, "interesting", and very fluffy, but not mechanically that amazing for that much.
    People freak out about this one but i don't think it was ever intended you fully unlock the entire thing. I mean, you can. Players are obsessive idiots so we will. But if you read what Quillic's comments i genuinely believe he saw something like that in a book, thought it was cool, made an item. Didn't think people would think they could /should/would put in the money to unlock ALL of it.

But it's too late now he has seen the light and the p2w hooks are in him. All premium storylines now cost 100k bloodscrip to enter.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I love when people mention balance though. The only balance Simu cares about at this point is how to balance fleecing the whales while still keeping them interested without pissing them off.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    I love when people mention balance though. The only balance Simu cares about at this point is how to balance fleecing the whales while still keeping them interested without pissing them off.
    Using game balance as an excuse for anything at all in this game now is laughable as fuck. Items like the Rift boots just say “Cash > game balance” and anyone at Simu who even tries to claim otherwise is a lying sack of shit.

Every nerf Simu does is with P2W in mind.

It would at least be somewhat respectable if Simu would quit pretending that game balance still matters to them when it’s beyond obvious that they don’t as is only used as an excuse to nerf shit in order to push more P2W.

This game has the overall most retarded player base in the universe.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-24-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Jesus Christ. No wonder the GMs no longer bat an eye at people quitting this game. 20k for one item is 111 basic subscriptions for an entire year.