Thread: Halfling warrior GOS weapon?

1. Default Halfling warrior GOS weapon?

Hi all, trying to figure out what kind of weapon to work with as halfling warrior in sunfist. Berserker obviously. Ambush secondary as I get into 30s 40s I guess. I was going to go with 2x or 3x claid, but wanted to see people's thoughts. I don't have the money for Uber stuff, but could probably spend 10-12 ish million

Lance or maul if you're into very large weapons. Claids are too limited IMO.

3. Default

How so?

Unblessable/ensorcelled/enchanted further

get a cheap 6x perfect maul and win
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

I found the defensive shield manuevers too useful to pass up, so I went blunt/board.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    How so?
    A claid has a lot of limitations.

1. It is a special weapon category unless you find an old-style. That means when you wspec that weapon, you won't get benefits to any other type.
    2. It's got lower DF vs heavy armor compared to lance or maul.
    3. You cannot ever bless, enchant, or ensorcell the claid and ensorcell is a MASSIVE boon for warriors (especially berserking) for the stamina procs.
    4. When you want to hunt undead, you also have to switch to a different weapon base.
    5. Claids are only good when your AS is very close to their DS for those low end-rolls. A maul will do just as much raw damage and nearly as much critical damage with higher enchants + perfect forging + high end rolls.
    6. Claids are the slowest THW base and tend to be the heaviest, so MSTRIKE spam is going to be harder to pull off vs a maul (though easier than a lance).
    7. Low enchant claid vs higher enchanted THW means less Parry DS - Base Value = Weapon Ranks + trunc(STR bonus ÷ 4) + trunc(DEX bonus ÷ 4) + (Weapon enchant bonus ÷ 2)

In the end, you get a perfect maul or lance, at 7x enchanted, with a T5 ensorcell - even without a single point of weighting - you're going to 1-shot most things (assuming you prone them first). You'll berserk extremely well, and you can bless the weapon for undead (though if you're farming grimswarm, just the enchant will benefit you). Plus a maul is easier to aim.

Claids are for pures who are trying to be mutants because they get low end rolls, and they need that 40pt crit boost.
    Last edited by Maerit; 02-22-2020 at 12:37 PM.

7. Default

Great explanation, thanks!

Lance's are great for little folk, the loss of AS from strength is made up for with the higher damage output. Not quite so easy to aim but you mostly want to be mstriking and berserking with it. Mauls are super fun once you find the sweet spot for open ambush, and require less agi/DeX to minimize rt. Crush only head crits are the easiest one shots. Ohb/shield is fun too, shield maneuvers like prop up and trample are great for crowds, and mace/star are great for open ambush or strikes. Some go TWC with fire flaring handaxes which honestly wreck house on troll grimswarm camps, if you can keep up with dodge ranks.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.