Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1625 and Weighting

Default 1625 and Weighting

I've seen mixed information and am trying to get clarification. Based on the wiki a weapon bonded by a paladin will cease to flare if it is weighted beyond HCW or HDW. Other comments I have seen refer to weighting actually decreasing the occurrence of those flares. So SWCW might lower the flare rate by a percentage. Is there any confirmation for or against this argument?

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrim View Post
    I've seen mixed information and am trying to get clarification. Based on the wiki a weapon bonded by a paladin will cease to flare if it is weighted beyond HCW or HDW. Other comments I have seen refer to weighting actually decreasing the occurrence of those flares. So SWCW might lower the flare rate by a percentage. Is there any confirmation for or against this argument?
    From my personal experience with my 5 CER weighted lance, it doesn't feel like it flares less than a sanctified weapon with no weighting. If it actually does flare less, it's not by a perceptible amount to me. The flares do hit for less, though. I tend to see 5-15 damage flares on that lance, and 20+ ones become very rare compared to an unweighted weapon. For reference this is on a paladin with 24 ranks in religion, and no other lores.

Thanks. I did get some response on Discord to the question, it is pretty much agreed that weighting in general lessens the flares. Which makes me a sad panda.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrim View Post
    Thanks. I did get some response on Discord to the question, it is pretty much agreed that weighting in general lessens the flares. Which makes me a sad panda.
    Er, wish I had seen that Q getting A'd on Discord.

So wait, hold on – My 15 crit-CER'd morning star flares less, even though it's got GEF, because of the weighting..? That is some crap. Which makes me a sad panda as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post

So wait, hold on – My 15 crit-CER'd morning star flares less, even though it's got GEF, because of the weighting..? That is some crap. Which makes me a sad panda as well:

This seems like such an odd mechanic to have for a class that's all about hitting as hard as possible.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post

No...

Weighting only affects guiding light flares
    Your GEF weapon is unaffected

Does 1625 work on UAC wraps? It'd be neat to see a freak paladin with 234234234 flares on UAC which do very well without weighting.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Does 1625 work on UAC wraps? It'd be neat to see a freak paladin with 234234234 flares on UAC which do very well without weighting.
    I don't think it works for UAC gear
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I don't think it works for UAC gear
    Bummer

Correct, you cannot bond to gloves/gauntlets/handwraps just like you cannot weapon specialize in them. If UAC wasn't so good already I'd think this would need to change, but meh.

Now, what should change is cobbling should have the ability to produce perfect boots/handwraps so it can finally be useful and that would open up a whole new market for UAC gear.

Selling Stuff and Things