Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official : Mage Armor - Fire (520) Update

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I didn't use the original
    Not even the water or air version?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Pretty sure he just means 520 fire, not 520 in general.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Why would anyone want those pitiful versions?

But, as Methais said, never used the fire version.

I've got 1 mage that uses the air version of 520 and 2 that use the earth version.
    Last edited by drumpel; 02-17-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Why would anyone want those pitiful versions?

But, as Methais said, never used the fire version.

I've got 1 mage that uses the air version of 520 and 2 that use the earth version.
    Earth is the only one I really use. Now and then I'll switch to fire to fuck around with these new flares because it's new, then I realize they don't really make any difference and switch back to earth.

Lightning might be kind of useful if so much shit wasn't immune to stuns, but getting +48327049 crit padding while stunned still > fire/air/lightning.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-17-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Earth is the only one I really use. Now and then I'll switch to fire to fuck around with these new flares because it's new, then I realize they don't really make any difference and switch back to earth.

Lightning might be kind of useful if so much shit wasn't immune to stuns, but getting +48327049 crit padding while stunned still > fire/air/lightning.
    My freshly capped mage (yeah, only took me like 22 years to cap him) he hits the phenomenally padded range when he gets stunned - that's with the +5 crit padded armor he's wearing. I suppose that's why I like using the earth version of the spell over all the others. The weight reduction is kind of nice from air, but it's never really needed with my wizards.
    Last edited by drumpel; 02-17-2020 at 03:48 PM.

My freshly capped mage (yeah, only took me like 22 years to cap him) he hits the phenomenally padded range when he gets stunned - that's with the +5 crit padded armor he's wearing. I suppose that's why I like using the earth version of the spell over all the others. The weight reduction is kind of nice from air, but it's never really needed with my wizards.
    I'm too lazy to look up the numbers, but with ECP doubles and 60 earth lore ranks, I think I'm at around +38 crit padding using the old system, whatever CER that converts to with WPS.

Throw in super bubble flares from my runestaff which are almost always active, and it's like I'm wearing plate. At least until Estild sees this post and starts nerfing shit that will mysteriously appear as a HESS item a few months later for like 600k BS tier 0 unlock.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-17-2020 at 03:59 PM.

I think they're really great, they're a nice little bonus to your bolts when you're leveling. For RP reasons I wish the other elements had a similar option because I really like the diversity I've seen in GS wizard players, everyone has their own take on what elemental magic is to them.

It'd be cooler if they spent dev time on real shit instead of bullshit like this just to pad the "look how much non-P2W dev we did this year!" list, which now includes typo fixes.

Like for real if they'd just fix our trash spells like 514, 914, 525, etc., I'd shut the fuck up about wizards for a long time.
    Or develop new hunting grounds or...heaven forbid, things people really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Or develop new hunting grounds or...heaven forbid, things people really want.
    Separate P2W GMs from normal dev GMs too. Having the same crew in charge of both is retarded.

I'm too lazy to look up the numbers, but with ECP doubles and 60 earth lore ranks, I think I'm at around +38 crit padding using the old system, whatever CER that converts to with WPS.

Throw in super bubble flares from my runestaff which are almost always active, and it's like I'm wearing plate. At least until Estild sees this post and starts nerfing shit that will mysteriously appear as a HESS item a few months later for like 600k BS tier 0 unlock.

Throw sigil of major protection for extra fun! My sunfist wizard only has HCP armor, but between 520, HCP armor, and major protection he's got 30 points of crit padding. He's got a bubble flare staff too (just regular flares, alas), and it does indeed make him super durable.

My wizard is a burger gnome, though, so I keep 520 air up.