Thread: Court Allows Boston to Refuse Christian Flag But Fly Other Flags

Unhappy Court Allows Boston to Refuse Christian Flag But Fly Other Flags

An order by U.S. District Court Judge Denise Casper denied a summary judgment for Harold Shurtleff and his Camp Constitution organization, who filed a federal suit in 2018 after the city denied their request to fly the Christian flag on a City Hall flagpole in 2017.

More...
    An attorney for Boston argued in case documents the city is allowed to have control over the City Hall Plaza flagpoles because they're considered government speech. Shurtleff argued the city's 284 flag raisings between 2005 and 2017 were evidence the city had not previously denied a request, while Boston rebutted that most of the flags were of other countries and some civic symbols, such as the LGBT flag.
    The only other flag the city refused to raise was a "straight pride" flag before a controversial conservative parade that was heavily protested by left-leaning activists last year.
    This could go all the way to the Supreme Court.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

Free speech should be equally enforced, no matter the speech. If you raise an LGBT flag, why would you not allow a straight pride flag to be raised? Or a Hufflepuff for that matter.

I personally think we should only raise the US flag and State flags, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 02-06-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

3. Default

Damnit. Sucked into a retarded thread again. My last post here.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

I thought people get called a fag in Boston as a rite of passage.

@Methais please confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I thought people get called a fag in Boston as a rite of passage.

@Methais please confirm.
    I think last time I was in Boston there were only 2 genders, but according to my gay cousin who still lives up there, Boston fags are wicked gay.

Last edited by Methais; 02-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible