Page 364 of 742 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 7417

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Public Health Experts Say the Pandemic Is Exactly Why Protests Must Continue

Tell me again, Democrats, how the shutdowns weren't all about Trump?

For months we have been told we need to give up our jobs and our businesses and stay home for the greater good.

We were told we had to stay at home and lock the doors and not even visit family and friends.

We were told if we went outside we were being selfish.

We had nurses blocking traffic of people who wanted to go back to work so they could feed their families.

We had nurses and doctors to stupid little pictures saying shit like "We work to keep you safe, stay home to keep us safe."

We had the media publicly shaming anyone who went to the beach.

We had Democrat governors and mayors threatening to arrest Jews if they held funeral services or business owners if they opened their business.

We had mothers being arrested for taking their kids to the park.

We had customers literally being chased out of stores if they weren't wearing a mask.

We had people berate others and harass others for not wearing masks.

And now these same fucking health experts who told us to give up our lives to "save lives" are now saying protests are okay...but for the RIGHT reason.

Any Democrat who is up to the challenge of explaining how this wasn't all about Trump is free to do so. But much like in the other thread I'm thinking you all are just too cowardly to even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    "One of the dumbest posts in the history of posts. Congrats on being lead by the MSM and swallowing every story they make up. Let me guess: You still believe Trump is a Russian asset... don't you? Willfully ignorant.. just the perfect little Dem"
    -- Parkbandit anon rep

MSM... like Fox News as well? Seriously, bias exists on both the left and right, why do you keep running to that argument?

Like I said, I am a Libertarian if anything, not a Dem or Rep. The entire party system is dumb, and you should vote on your conscience and your beliefs, not on a party line. The hope is that we keep evolving and realize some of the antiquated beliefs should go. My Google feed is unbiased, I get news articles from all outlets. Fox, CNN, whatever. The difference is, I am intelligent enough to see past the bias in them, on both sides. Finding those few unbiased articles are a blessing, and it's rare except from a few outlets.

I don't believe Trump is a Russian asset. Do I think he used their assistance inappropriately? Fuck yeah I do. Do I think he realizes the potential ramifications of that? Sure, he just doesn't care because it was to his benefit. These are obvious if you step back and get the left or right out of your head.
    Google feed, unbiased, really? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As to the Russian assistance, a few 100K in advertising spin on social media made all the difference in the election huh?

The guy has done things that have seriously damaged their economy, hurt their trade and cost them billions but they wanted him elected. Put down the crack pipe.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

https://twitter.com/SuzyKhimm/status...728561667?s=20

Epidemiologist 2 weeks ago: Stay home, you granny killer!! I'm staying home! Why can't you?!?!?!
    Epidemiologist today: Well this protest is okay to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Public Health Experts Say the Pandemic Is Exactly Why Protests Must Continue

Tell me again, Democrats, how the shutdowns weren't all about Trump?

For months we have been told we need to give up our jobs and our businesses and stay home for the greater good.

We were told we had to stay at home and lock the doors and not even visit family and friends.

We were told if we went outside we were being selfish.

We had nurses blocking traffic of people who wanted to go back to work so they could feed their families.

We had nurses and doctors to stupid little pictures saying shit like "We work to keep you safe, stay home to keep us safe."

We had the media publicly shaming anyone who went to the beach.

We had Democrat governors and mayors threatening to arrest Jews if they held funeral services or business owners if they opened their business.

We had mothers being arrested for taking their kids to the park.

We had customers literally being chased out of stores if they weren't wearing a mask.

We had people berate others and harass others for not wearing masks.

And now these same fucking health experts who told us to give up our lives to "save lives" are now saying protests are okay...but for the RIGHT reason.

Any Democrat who is up to the challenge of explaining how this wasn't all about Trump is free to do so. But much like in the other thread I'm thinking you all are just too cowardly to even try.
    Dreaven, head of research at the Institution of Flintstones Chewables.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Okay so Seran has admitted the continued shutdowns were political and had nothing to do with science or health.

Any other Democrat going to continue posting without explaining how the shutdowns weren't political?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Sounds like you are against vitamins. Why do you hate black people so much?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Sounds like you are against vitamins. Why do you hate black people so much?
    OMG, sorry, that was just the MSM (and your) method of deflection and "reporting".
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

There is no way to keep 6 feet away from people in just about any other aspect of our lives that requires us to go outside yet most of those restrictions have been lifted.

Also the government isn't there to babysit us and forbid us from getting a haircut on the very slim chance we might catch a virus.
    There is a drastic difference between coming into contact with someone in passing outside, and receiving a service which requires you to be in close proximity to another person for an extended period of time. Again, lockdowns were a logical approach to contain the spread of a deadly, rapidly spreading virus. If the fatality rate is as low as some of the predictions, then we got lucky adn we'll recover. The problem is, we didn't have enough information to continue life normally, because the information we did have made it look really bad. When the next one hits, at what number of deaths would you be okay with lockdowns for public health reason? 200k deaths? 1 million? 250 million? Is there a point at which you feel it is acceptable to restrict movement of people for their own safety? You seem okay with curfews, which are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Google feed, unbiased, really? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As to the Russian assistance, a few 100K in advertising spin on social media made all the difference in the election huh?

The guy has done things that have seriously damaged their economy, hurt their trade and cost them billions but they wanted him elected. Put down the crack pipe.
    Interesting that you know the contents of my Google feed. If yours is biased, it's because your search history is biased. Again, I get articles form all news outlets. Right now I have articles from Politico, CNN, The New Yorker, NPR, Fox, Reuters, Bloomberg, Vox, TheHill, The WSJ, Forbes, CNBC, and The New York Post. It's a pretty good mix of outlets. Again, I don't subscribe to Dem or Rep. I don't agree with everything Dems or Reps do, and I don't disagree with everything they do either. Again, it's not hard to detect the bias in the stories and get the facts. The bias on both sides is ridiculous and counter productive. No one is getting swayed by this garbage, it's basically just a way for people to justify their own beliefs and cement them in even further. What we're doing isn't working, and there needs to be change on both sides. in case you don't know which way outlets lean: https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings.

In regards to Russia, I can't say for sure if it did actually help him, but there's no doubt Russia ran a campaign to help Trump and hurt Hillary. The report from the Senate Inteeligence Committee is even visible here and says that was the aim: https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume2.pdf. If you deny this in the face of all the facts, you're willfully ignorant.

II. (U) FINDINGS
    1. (U), The Committee found, that the IRA sought to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential
    election by harming Hillary Clinton's chances of success and supporting Donald Trump
    at the direction of the Kremlin.
    (U) The Committee found that the IRA' s :lnformation warfare campaign was broad in
    scope and entailed objectives beyond the result of the 2016 presidential election. Further,
    the Committee's analysis of the IRA's activities on social media supports the key
    judgments of the January 6, 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment, "Assessing
    Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections," that "Russia's, goals were to
    undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton,· and
    harm her electability and potential presidency."5 However, where the Intelligence
    Community assessed that the Russian government "aspired to help President-elect
    Trump's election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly
    contrasting her unfavorably to him," the Committee found that IRA social media activity
    was overtly and almost invariably supportive of then-candidate Trump, and to the
    detriment .of Secretary Clinton's campaign.6 ·
    And just because Trump has hurt Russia more than helped, in what way does that mean Trump didn't engage with them for their help? These things aren't mutually exclusive. He has openly solicited help from foreign powers, so doubting that he did so is just silly. He will stop at nothing to serve his own interests, so Russia hedged a bet in supporting him, and lost. Shocking, right? Yet one more instance of Trump serving himself instead at all costs. Trump doesn't care about America. When Trump speaks of loving America, and "making it great again" he is referring to himself because he truly believes that as President, he is America. I'd say it shocks me that people don't see this stuff, but willful ignorance is real and is the only way I can explain it. It's the same thing as blind faith, even when the evidence is there, you simply choose not to see it, or justify it away with a fairy tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    There is a drastic difference between coming into contact with someone in passing outside, and receiving a service which requires you to be in close proximity to another person for an extended period of time.
    Dentists are allowed to start taking patients again. DENTISTS.

So the patient won't be wearing a mask, will have their mouth wide open, while a dental hygienist or a dentist will have their tools and fingers stuffed in their mouth while they gasp for air.

So, no, she obviously has a vendetta against the barber. There really is no other explanation for why dentists are allowed to reopen but barbers can't.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-03-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Dentists are allowed to start taking patients again. DENTISTS.

So the patient won't be wearing a mask, will have their mouth wide open, while a dental hygienist or a dentist will have their tools and fingers stuffed in your mouth while you gasp for air.

So, no, she obviously has a vendetta against the barber. There really is no other explanation for why dentists are allowed to reopen but barbers can't.
    Dentists are actually a health service, whereas salons and barbers are not. Without proper care of your mouth, you can have long term complications. What complications will arise if you don't get your haircut or nails done? Surely, you can see that there's a difference there as well? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but you have to look at the differences and acknowledge them at the very least. Do I think they should still be fully closed? Not really, but to insist it's because she has a personal vendetta against a single shop owner and that she would hurt her entire state's economy to fulfill that vendetta is a little absolutist, don't you think? Is it so hard to consider legitimate reasons for these decisions and frame it from a different point of view? I can see both sides of it, and personally, I'm okay with ending all restrictions. Personally, I'll still stay home as much as possible and take extra caution when going in public. I don't have anything to do out there that is more important than my life, or those of my loved ones that I come into contact with and have immune system deficiencies. I'm pretty sure some of those 100k people that died would wish they hadn't gone out when they did if they could.
    Last edited by Blazar; 06-03-2020 at 12:58 PM.