Page 134 of 734 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 7340

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    New projections are showing that this fake "pandemic" may even be below the flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's gonna be a tough pill for Democrats to swallow.

Do they:
    A) Listen to the experts (because remember Democrats are always about listening to the experts) who suggested 2+ million people would have died if Trump didn't act, meaning Trump saved 2+ million lives.
    B) Ignore the experts and say Trump didn't save anyone at all, but then they would have to admit that Democrats and the media hyped this up so bad that it forced a nationwide shutdown that cost the country trillions of dollars and millions of jobs for no reason at all.

But since Democrats have no shame at all anymore they will just go with:

C) Orange Man Bad!
    Orange Man Bad.

New projections are showing that this fake "pandemic" may even be below the flu.
    Source of these 'projections'?

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Have you not been paying attention to the news cycles today? The models over projected and were adjusted down. By the time we get a true sense of what this denominator is it may well be below the flu.

#fakepandemic

Made up. I'm pretty sure Fortybox is Sean Hannity

The reporters at today's press conference are something else.

The WHO misled the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD about the severity of this virus because they were too busy pushing Chinese propaganda.
    Trump says he's going to look into cutting funding, he didn't say he's going to cut funding NOW, or that he's even 100% for sure going to cut, just that he's looking into it.
    Reporters: OMG!!!! Is it wise to cut funding to the WHO during a pandemic?!??!

Why the fuck not? They ain't doing shit. They let this problem get worse. They spend over HALF OF THEIR FUCKING BUDGET on travel expenses.

But it's the World HEALTH Organization! So clearly that means they need that money! In fact they need more American tax dollars so they can be even bigger Chinese propagandists and spend even more money on travel!!

I really don't see the problem here. Rather than bitching about Trump cutting funding because the current state of the WHO is useless, why not investigate the WHO for why they are so useless and push them to do better so then maybe the US wouldn't feel the need to cut money?

This is typical Democrat logic though, bloated bureaucratic organizations are good! Even if they no longer serve their original function!

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Made up. I'm pretty sure Fortybox is Sean Hannity
    The flu kills upwards of 65k Americans each year.

So far we're at 11k deaths with 2k deaths a day and it's projected we are going to hit the peak deaths per day in 7-10 days. A lot could change between now and the next week or two, but if current projections and trends hold true this virus will kill about the same number of Americans who die to flu, possibly a bit more, possibly a bit less.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-07-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Have you not been paying attention to the news cycles today? The models over projected and were adjusted down. By the time we get a true sense of what this denominator is it may well be below the flu.

#fakepandemic
    No, I watch the data cycles. Too many people try to tell us what the experts are really saying. A source that I use (and others here use) the IHME Covid-19 Projections data sets were adjusted down, thankfully. Two days ago on April 5th. Tgo01 actually called it out in one of his summaries. I believe Tgo01 said it improved (dropped) by about 12,000 or so deaths. And you would be right that the deaths from 2018-2019 for Influenza were estimated to be about 66,000 across the US. The new projections clock in just over that at about 82,000.

I know how much you appreciate my math, so I'm not going to go there. I'm simply going to copy and paste the second line from the IHME Covid-19 Projections web site, the projections that I suspect most of the chatter is about.

"COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

Carrying on the social distancing activities well past any patience of our administration, or ourselves. Now, imagine if border closures, social distancing, stay-at-home, essential-business-only, wash-your-hands, don't-hoard type mandates hadn't been enacted.

Do not get me wrong - there were (and continue to be) missteps in our approach to dealing with this pandemic. On all sides. And it is tearing the bottom out of our economy. We are paying too heavy price a price for our lack of planning. Calling it a fake pandemic, though - I just don't get that. At all.

Unless there is a data source I am not looking at yet. I would - still and truly - like to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The flu kills upwards of 65k Americans each year.

So far we're at 11k deaths with 2k deaths a day and it's projected we are going to hit the peak deaths per day in 7-10 days. A lot could change between now and the next week or two, but if current projections and trends hold true this virus will kill about the same number of Americans who die to flu, possibly a bit more, possibly a bit less.
    Upwards of 65,000 per year? The CDC has the range for the last 10 years between 12 and 61 thousand.

In any case, the idea that Covid19 isn't a pandemic is preposterous, and not supported by facts.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Good news, antibody tests are being rolled out. This is excellent news. The Mayo Clinic released their test on Monday.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I would - still and truly - like to be wrong.
    You will be. Just give it time.