Page 457 of 726 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 7256

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Many cancers are, in fact, largely preventable.
    I mean that in an absolute sense -- you can absolutely avoid contracting Covid with certain precautions, you cannot absolutely avoid developing cancer regardless of your course of action.
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 08-08-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Or to put another way (to avoid possible false equivalencies from interpretation), we can -- as a society -- take certain steps to minimize the likelihood of either contracting Covid or developing cancer, which is a commonality, but there's a vast disparity in practical efficacy.

This is exactly why smoking is either banned or limited in most places, but beyond that one example, there aren't a lot of ways that social irresponsibility can result in someone else developing cancer... but there is an established pattern (being a communicable virus) regarding how you can spread the 'Rona to other people.

Thus, you know... worldwide pandemic.
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 08-08-2020 at 12:37 AM. Reason: clarity
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Have you heard of something called hereditary cancer? so yeah some cancers aren’t preventable, but for the most part they can be.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-08-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Have you heard of something called hereditary cancer? so yeah some cancers aren’t preventable, but for the most part they can be.
    So the statement that "cancer isn't preventable" is a false statement.

You don't have to be a contrarian just for the sake of being a contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    "Cancer" is an umbrella term for over a hundred diseases clustered under one definition, so... yeah, that may not be the best example.

My point was that most cancers aren't directly communicable.
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    An estimated 600K people die from cancer annually in the US. Why haven't we shut down the country before now?! That is 4x the Kung Flu people.

Oh sure, you can't catch cancer from your neighbor, I can already hear it.
    I catch cancer every day from reading the PC, if that counts.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Technically windmills cause cancer and more windmills cause more cancer sooo take that libtard
    someone got my sarcasm...
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

8. Default

I love I post a retarded comparison and there are a half dozen plus posts about debating it. PC will fight about anything.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I catch cancer every day from reading the PC, if that counts.
    The PC gave me butt cancer, it's like Pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I love I post a retarded comparison and there are a half dozen plus posts about debating it. PC will fight about anything.
    I believe that was a preemptive volley, hah.

Last edited by FlayedAngel; 08-08-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    --Order of the Shadow--

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Technically windmills cause cancer and more windmills cause more cancer sooo take that libtard
    there is a great study done on the environmental effects of giant windmill farms. It’s a good read and makes you think about the unintended consequences of ‘clean’ energy. I’m not saying do away with wind farms, but it’s stuff like how they affect the wind stream, how flora grows, bird flight patterns, etc. really interesting. Prob causes brain tumors also, so we should lock down the country.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal