Page 389 of 742 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 7411

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Blog Entries

I know you're a moron but.....

25 busiest U.S. airports by international passenger traffic (2018)
    Listed according to data compiled by the Office of Aviation Analysis, part of the United States Department of Transportation, and ranked according to total international passengers during 2018.[69]

It was 16%.
    Last edited by Some Rogue; 06-26-2020 at 07:21 PM.

States are closing shit down again, thanks, rioters!

Can someone explain to me why we allowed ourselves to be lied to by the government that the default position is shutdowns do anything? If you question the effectiveness of shutdowns you're deemed a conspiracy theorist?

Where is the evidence shutdowns work? Where is the data showing exactly how effective they are? How do we go from "There is no evidence that hundreds of thousands of people packing themselves into small streets for weeks on end caused any increase in cases" to "We must shut down bars and restaurants to save lives"?

We went from "We are a free people! Fuck the government controlling our lives!" to "The government is big brother and would never lie to us!" in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    States are closing shit down again, thanks, rioters!

Can someone explain to me why we allowed ourselves to be lied to by the government that the default position is shutdowns do anything? If you question the effectiveness of shutdowns you're deemed a conspiracy theorist?

Where is the evidence shutdowns work? Where is the data showing exactly how effective they are? How do we go from "There is no evidence that hundreds of thousands of people packing themselves into small streets for weeks on end caused any increase in cases" to "We must shut down bars and restaurants to save lives"?

We went from "We are a free people! Fuck the government controlling our lives!" to "The government is big brother and would never lie to us!" in the blink of an eye.

So if it’s the rioters, why are they shutting down bars again, and reducing restaurants to 50%? If the bars and restaurants have zero to do with the increase in coronavirus, why don’t they just keep them open?
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    COVID is *not* overcounted. In fact illnesses rarely are. It's significantly undercounted, and if you take some time to really think over the situation...it's pretty obvious.
    This is like comparing apples to coronaviruses. Illnesses are often "undercounted" because the cause of death usually isn't investigated much unless foul play was suspected. You think in 2010 they are going to do an autopsy or do much questioning if an old frail man is found dead one day? Of course not, they are going to chalk it up to "natural causes" and call it a day even if he died of the flu.

But everyone is losing their minds over the Kung Flu, they are counting people who died of drug overdoses or people they just "suspect" to have had the Kung Flu. No way victims of the Kung Flu are being missed to any large degree and if any are being missed we can be assured that all of the overcounting from drug overdoses more than make up for the ones we are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    I know you're a moron but.....

25 busiest U.S. airports by international passenger traffic (2018)
    Listed according to data compiled by the Office of Aviation Analysis, part of the United States Department of Transportation, and ranked according to total international passengers during 2018.[69]

It was 16%.
    Take a deep breath before replying, I think your anger is causing you to not make much sense.

So are you saying Florida was third out of top 21 states for international travel? Yes they get a lot of international travel. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    So if it’s the rioters, why are they shutting down bars again, and reducing restaurants to 50%? If the bars and restaurants have zero to do with the increase in coronavirus, why don’t they just keep them open?
    It's like you're proving my point.

Government: We're shutting it down!
    People: Why?
    Government: To save lives!
    People: How are we saving lives?
    Government: By shutting it down!
    People: How do we know it saves lives?
    Government: Because we're shutting it down!

It's like you're proving my point.

Government: We're shutting it down!
    People: Why?
    Government: To save lives!
    People: How are we saving lives?
    Government: By shutting it down!
    People: How do we know it saves lives?
    Government: Because we're shutting it down!
    Isn’t the governor of Texas a huge trump supporter? Wouldn’t it be counterproductive to Trump and his stance of keeping the bars and restaurants open, especially since they aren’t causing the spikes, if it’s the riotors?

Isn’t that like there has been a string of robberies at electronic stores, so furniture stores, we are going to send police to protect you?
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-26-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Isn’t the governor of Texas a huge trump supporter? Wouldn’t it be counterproductive to Trump and his stance to keep the bars and restaurants open, especially since they aren’t causing the spikes, it’s the riotors?
    Yeah, I blame everyone in government who goes along with this shutdown madness. 2 weeks was fine and made sense when we were lied to and told we had to "flatten the curve" so we didn't overwhelm our healthcare system, but that lie was destroyed months ago, which is why you don't hear anyone talk about "flattening the curve" anymore even though we are still talking about shutting shit down.

I don't know if governments actually believe this narrative that shutdowns help or if they are just too afraid to stand up to the morons who keep insisting it helps. Republican governors are in a particularly precarious position because they will be blamed for deaths no matter what they do whereas actual murderers such as Whitmer and Cuomo will get a pass for their actions.

Yeah, I blame everyone in government who goes along with this shutdown madness. 2 weeks was fine and made sense when we were lied to and told we had to "flatten the curve" so we didn't overwhelm our healthcare system, but that lie was destroyed months ago, which is why you don't hear anyone talk about "flattening the curve" anymore even though we are still talking about shutting shit down.

I don't know if governments actually believe this narrative that shutdowns help or if they are just too afraid to stand up to the morons who keep insisting it helps. Republican governors are in a particularly precarious position because they will be blamed for deaths no matter what they do whereas actual murderers such as Whitmer and Cuomo will get a pass for their actions.
    Well, to be fair Cuomo had New York on a massive lock down, and the COVID cases have dropped massively. While states that opened early are now being hit hard. Isn’t that what’s happening right now?
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-26-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

I mean from the look of it, correct me if I’m wrong. The states that shut down early, didn’t open early, have had a massive drop in COVID cases, and are in a position to reopen, while states that opened early, are being hit hard now, and are going to lockdown again, further hampering the economy of those states.
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-26-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later: