Page 469 of 740 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 7395

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I believe it. It would be wrong to think that the takeaway is that covid isn't dangerous though. We Americans are a generally fat and unhealthy lot, and while it would be Ruggedly Individual™ to die of a heart attack at 50, it's probably better to not be nudged in that direction by something we can control.

In fact, I would say the takeaway is that we need better, more accessible and affordable healthcare, but that's a story for another time.
    Since the vast majority of health issues in the US are due to poor nutrition and lack of physical activity, we might better spend our money on revising the horrible FDA food guidance, stop trying to shove a one size fits all nutrition plan down people's throats and maybe work on improving truth in labeling.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Since the vast majority of health issues in the US are due to poor nutrition and lack of physical activity, we might better spend our money on revising the horrible FDA food guidance, stop trying to shove a one size fits all nutrition plan down people's throats and maybe work on improving truth in labeling.
    Weren’t you just a bit ago, fighting for LESS government interference? Now you want the government to do more?
    Which is it?
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Weren’t you just a bit ago, fighting for LESS government interference? Now you want the government to do more?
    Which is it?
    Oh, it's all or nothing, obviously. Nice argument.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Because it potentially does permanent damage to the cardio-respiratory system.
    I've read that here a couple times, but I've not seen anything since a couple of one off reports in april and June. Has there been a study or something more recently showing the same?

It makes sense to me, I mean if you are older and get some very debilitating disease, I think it's natural that your heart/lungs might fully recovered.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I feel like there's an 80's martial-arts action flick theme song in there somewhere.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    I feel like there's an 80's martial-arts action flick theme song in there somewhere.
    If there is, it' says "You have a stupid argument and shouldn't argue on the internet" in it as a hook a thousand times.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Which is it?
    While I do what less government interference, since they are already interfering in this area, I would like to see them change the direction of the interfering. And I don't want the current interfering to somehow infer or support more interfering.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

I've read that here a couple times, but I've not seen anything since a couple of one off reports in april and June. Has there been a study or something more recently showing the same?

It makes sense to me, I mean if you are older and get some very debilitating disease, I think it's natural that your heart/lungs might fully recovered.

There is still much to learn, but heart damage (scarring), lung damage (scarring) and brain damage (strokes, seizures and temporary paralysis) lead the list. Aside from the obvious slant of "stay in, stay away, stay safe" the most troubling in my view is the brain damage. Heart and lung damage are definite problems, but brain damage is unusual. And all three are occurring in all population groups - we just see the immediate effects in elderly and chronically ill.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    There is still much to learn, but heart damage (scarring), lung damage (scarring) and brain damage (strokes, seizures and temporary paralysis) lead the list. Aside from the obvious slant of "stay in, stay away, stay safe" the most troubling in my view is the brain damage. Heart and lung damage are definite problems, but brain damage is unusual. And all three are occurring in all population groups - we just see the immediate effects in elderly and chronically ill.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351
    Thanks for the link. I obviously missed a "not" in my sentence, as in "might *NOT* fully recover"
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 08-31-2020 at 07:20 PM.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Actually, his argument was all or nothing. So yeah nice argument, makes your comment look pretty silly.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-31-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution