Thread: Wuhan Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Actually Feinstein said hers are held in blind trust.
    That her husband manages.

Loefner excuse was that she had nothing to do with her husband's stocks, and that the trades are made by third parties.
    You have this backwards, I'm sure it's just an innocent mistake though. Loefner is the one who said she has third party advisors who make these decisions for her, Feinstein is the one claiming she has nothing to do with her husband's stocks. Because you know if Feinstein did have insider knowledge it would have been impossible for her to tell her husband of said knowledge so he could sell some stocks.

Also Loefner is worth like half a billion dollars, a lot of people that wealthy have a team of professionals who handle their stocks and investments so it's not totally crazy to think she's telling the truth on this.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That her husband manages.

You have this backwards, I'm sure it's just an innocent mistake though. Loefner is the one who said she has third party advisors who make these decisions for her, Feinstein is the one claiming she has nothing to do with her husband's stocks. Because you know if Feinstein did have insider knowledge it would have been impossible for her to tell her husband of said knowledge so he could sell some stocks.

Also Loefner is worth like half a billion dollars, a lot of people that wealthy have a team of professionals who handle their stocks and investments so it's not totally crazy to think she's telling the truth on this.
    Pretty sure Feinstein is the one claiming her stocks are in a blind trust. Not sure about her husband's. Loeffler is making the third parties take care of it all claim. I'm pretty comfortable investigating all of them.

As for Burr and his meeting, it was The Tarheel Club, entry cost $10,000. I don't think we can equate that with "open to the public." February 13th was over 2 weeks was way before the public realized how bad this was. I think he's guilty as hell.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Pretty sure Feinstein is the one claiming her stocks are in a blind trust.
    I guess you could be right, her office's statement is kind of confusing on this:

“All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” a spokesman, Tom Mentzer, said in a statement. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”
    This makes it sound like her husband is the one who manages her trust, but I suppose these could be two different statements; HER stocks are in a blind trust and her husband also has stocks in his name that she has no control over, except if she really did have insider knowledge she could have easily told her husband and he could have sold his stocks based on said information.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 11:41 AM.

I guess you could be right, her office's statement is kind of confusing on this:

This makes it sound like her husband is the one who manages her trust, but I suppose these could be two different statements; HER stocks are in a blind trust and her husband also has stocks in his name that she has no control over, except if she really did have insider knowledge she could have easily told her husband and he could have sold his stocks based on said information.
    That's how I read it, hers are in trust, he manages his own. Which makes zero legal sense and sounds totally exploitable.

Loeffler doesn't get a pass because of 3rd party management either. But Burr is the one that looks really bad.

Investigate them all, throw the book at the guilty.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

As for Burr and his meeting, it was The Tarheel Club, entry cost $10,000. I don't think we can equate that with "open to the public."
    Here is what Burr had to say:

This lunch was hosted on Feb. 27 by the North Carolina State Society. It was publicly advertised and widely attended.

NPR knew, but did not report, that attendees also included many non-members, bipartisan congressional staff, and representatives from the governor’s office.

Every state has a state society. They aren’t “secretive” or “high-dollar donor” organizations. They’re great civic institutions that bring people in D.C. together for events, receptions, and lunches.

And they’re open to anyone who wants to get involved.

Like most members of Congress, I address our state society every year.

That a good thing. That’s what we should be doing.

Meeting constituents and talking to them about the work we’re doing in D.C. is an important part of our job, especially in times of uncertainty.
    Of course Burr could be lying but considering the scrutiny he is under and considering how easy it would be to verify these claims I am leaning towards him being truthful here, at least until I have more information from sources that don't come directly from NPR or Daily Beast.

Blog Entries

Here is what Burr had to say:

Of course Burr could be lying but considering the scrutiny he is under and considering how easy it would be to verify these claims I am leaning towards him being truthful here, at least until I have more information from sources that don't come directly from NPR or Daily Beast.
    And they’re open to anyone who wants to get involved.
    As long as you have $10,000 for a ticket.

There is a distinct difference between you making an educated guess and these people knowing that Frazier is going down in the 3rd round.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    As long as you have $10,000 for a ticket.
    Burr said it wasn't a high-dollar donor event. He could be lying of course but it would be nice to know what the truth is.

Who is saying it was a 10,000 dollar ticket event?

Unless Burr is doing some political speak: It wasn't a high-dollar DONOR event, just a high-dollar event.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 12:47 PM.