Thread: Close to 20. Setting stats

1. Default Close to 20. Setting stats

Race is Human.
    For most chars I try to set stats for most 100s possible at 100. It looks like I can get that for everything except Influence, which would be a 79. I'm not too familiar with clerics. Looks like INF does play a part in 340 so I'd be losing out on about +5 bonus there. Not too big a deal right, or should I round them out to have a higher INF?

This is what I have so far.

CO 70
    DE 88
    DI 62
    LO 62
    IT 59
    ST 70
    AG 82
    IF 36
    WI 49
    AU 82

Also seems like a bit of a struggle CS wise for a while but I was thinking
    a) pre-60 is easy enough anyway
    b) swinging a weapon is probably still viable up to 40 or so due to Bravery and Heroism right?

Pretty sure INF isn't that great for clerics so I say do it.

Swinging a weapon should get you to at least 40 I would imagine, but I went the CS route and it's worked well enough for me.

If you are 19/20 I would go the pure route unless you just want to swing. You can really push the 300s high enough while 2xing spells and 2-3xing Harness until you get around 100 mana. If you need to get 3x spells where you can to achieve that 20-21 ranks above level in the 300s. After that you can back off harness power almost all together till you are just 1x again and that will allow you to PU secondary/tertiary skills. I find that 100 mana is the sweet spot. I would highly recommend around 40ish I would get 2x spell aiming to break up the monotony as you level. It was super effective to bolt at lower levels and can still be @ higher levels but I found/find 111/306 to be great spells.

I really crippled my progress in the 100s/200s. Like get up to 103 for 101,102,103...then get 202 in the 200s and then run up the 300s till you become a more effective caster in the field.

Oh, and if this a character you plan on capping...work on a set of wisdom enhancives. You don't need to go crazy but slowly pick up 1-2 here and there. Up them each DR if you can afford it. It will make transitioning from late 80 into 90s and beyond that much easier. That's one of my biggest regrets was not having a solid set of wisdom enhancives going into my late 80s early 90s. It's very doable but I think you will thank yourself later if you do this. IMO this is more beneficial than say a sorcerer getting a full set of aura/wisdom enchancives. I tend to believe this is because they are more mana efficient casters than say sorcerers. Obviously that's debatable but I think most would tend to agree.

Enjoy your cleric, I'm kinda jealous you get to level yours with all the changes to clerics in the past year or two. I find them 100x less boring than before.