Thread: Greater Elemental Weapons

Default Greater Elemental Weapons

Just a quick question about how these work.

Are they a flare with a script flare of the same type over top, or is the whole thing a script allowing the weapon to still be blessed?

Thanks
    Pin

Takes up both the flare and the script slot, so they cannot be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Takes up both the flare and the script slot, so they cannot be blessed.
    Thank you

How much better are greater elemental flares vs normal vs say stovels acid?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    How much better are greater elemental flares vs normal vs say stovels acid?
    Stovels in the classic sense don't exist anymore. It's been nerfed to oblivion.

You can't compare greater elemental flares to normal, because they are an addition to normal.

When you have them on a weapon the greater elemental flare operates independently of the normal flare. You can get a normal flare, and/or a greater elemental flare on each swing, and sometimes the greater elemental flares double hit. So you can get 1 to 3 "flares" on a hit.
    Last edited by Sile; 01-23-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

"You can't compare greater elemental flares to normal, because they are an addition to normal."

LOL, I think you just explained them by starting from a comparison to normal flares. I know what you mean though.

I think normal flare rate is 20%. I think that the normal flare on GEF has a lower flare rate than that, to gyp you out of the full power of having a second flare and chance of double flares.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I'm not aware of anything that affects normal flare rare, aside from using multiple UAC pieces in the same attack. Parsed some logs from when I was still using the GEF gloves and it seems basically exactly where I expect it to be.

17% for the normal flare but it's a pessimistic check as it definitely would have counted swings i was maybe using other gloves (forgot to switch back from blessable gloves, and too lazy to figure out at what point i stopped using the GEF as my main set), and factoring in all the one shot kills that wouldn't ever flare rough pareses are generally lower than the 20%.

a little lower for the script flare at ~15% but i would expect it to be a little lower since the additional chance the normal flare could kill, and just in general i think it's slightly less but that's just anecdotal and again pretty rough check of logs.

people always sleep on the GE flares for some reason, i think they are really good. If I didn't want to keep a blessable script flare cause i'm too lazy to use multiple weapons using flare certs to get some greater void flaring gloves as a general purpose weapon would 100% have been my priority, that or an complimentary ice GEF set because at least one of the those will work on the thing and DEM VULNERABILITIES THOUGH. and now i want to make a TWC warrior with a hammer in one hand and an axe in the other both with greater lightning.
    Last edited by Donquix; 01-25-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

For pures script flares will go off on maneuvers like 917 where normal flares can't proc. Not sure how they interact with squares.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I'm not aware of anything that affects normal flare rare, aside from using multiple UAC pieces in the same attack. Parsed some logs from when I was still using the GEF gloves and it seems basically exactly where I expect it to be.

17% for the normal flare but it's a pessimistic check as it definitely would have counted swings i was maybe using other gloves (forgot to switch back from blessable gloves, and too lazy to figure out at what point i stopped using the GEF as my main set), and factoring in all the one shot kills that wouldn't ever flare rough pareses are generally lower than the 20%.

a little lower for the script flare at ~15% but i would expect it to be a little lower since the additional chance the normal flare could kill, and just in general i think it's slightly less but that's just anecdotal and again pretty rough check of logs.

people always sleep on the GE flares for some reason, i think they are really good. If I didn't want to keep a blessable script flare cause i'm too lazy to use multiple weapons using flare certs to get some greater void flaring gloves as a general purpose weapon would 100% have been my priority, that or an complimentary ice GEF set because at least one of the those will work on the thing and DEM VULNERABILITIES THOUGH. and now i want to make a TWC warrior with a hammer in one hand and an axe in the other both with greater lightning.
    Lol that is an awesome idea...
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel